Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"So megastar Kanye West arrived in Sydney yesterday for the premiere of 'Runaway', his short film to go along with his new album.

The Dirt was on the scene, getting pics and video for yours truly, and even got to check out the 35-minute flick he wrote, directs and stars in.

Kanye has described it as “the story of a phoenix fallen to Earth, and I make her my girlfriend, and people discriminate against her and eventually she has to burn herself alive and go back to her world.”

Did we like it?

Whilst we aren't asking for our 35-minutes back and the Q&A afterwards was interesting (the names Tarantino and Fellini were thrown around - yeah, we know!), it did come across as a little self indulgent and, well, silly.

But dang it, the dude is one good looking mo-fo and being that close to him was pretty exciting!

We will leave it to you to make up your own mind though, it will be released mid November."

Video

http://www.fox.com.au/entertainment/the_dirt//blog/kanyes-australian-film-premiere/20101012-a4w2.html

·
Premium Member
12,275 Posts
oh and ya apparently Ye said some really stupid shit during the Q&A here. Something like he's a tree and he's feeding everyone branches or some shit

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Szohr said:
oh and ya apparently Ye said some really stupid shit during the Q&A here. Something like he's a tree and he's feeding everyone branches or some shit
that does seem like something he would say :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
12,275 Posts
Here's some of the Q&A (written by a hater >_>)

Kanye West debuted his new movie Runaway in London last night (above) then sat down for a Q&A afterward with The Daily Mirror where he proceeded to give the greatest interview I’ve ever seen in my life. It’s like reading a direct conversation with Jesus if Jesus was an egomaniacal crazy person who thought he’s the next Michael Jackson:

On Lindsay Lohan ruining the fashion world for celebrities:
“I promised I wouldn’t tear up… but have you heard of a little thing called Lindsay Lohan’s Ungaro collection? That was like the 9/11 of fashion. It was game over for me after that as no one would take a celebrity trying to do fashion seriously.”

On trying to fill the void Michael left behind:
“With the passing of Michael Jackson, I feel a responsibility to bring things to our generation that can inspire and bring real culture to pop culture. I don’t sleep any more thinking how we are going to fill this gap, and create something to inspire on the level he did.”

On how he’s going to inspire the world:
“I don’t want to be put in the hip-hop box, I’m an artist. Hopefully I’ll hook up with George Lucas and do a film about yellow people with beaks.”

And the money shot:
“I’m like a tree, I feed the branches of the people.”

I’m pretty sure if I spent an entire month in a room full of supermodels feeding me LSD and lies that I’m the largest endowed man they’ve ever seen, I’d still only come out 1/10th as batshit as Kanye West. The man’s ego operates on a level that advanced psychologists in the future won’t even comprehend. “He’s a tree that makes movies about beaked people, so we should hail him as the Messiah. — Screw this, I’m making out with a robot.”

http://foreign.peacefmonline.com/entertainment/201010/91299.php

·
Registered
Kanye West/MBDTF
75,270 Posts
Szohr said:

Kanye West debuted his new movie Runaway in London last night (above) then sat down for a Q&A afterward with The Daily Mirror where he proceeded to give the greatest interview I’ve ever seen in my life. It’s like reading a direct conversation with Jesus if Jesus was an egomaniacal crazy person who thought he’s the next Michael Jackson:

On Lindsay Lohan ruining the fashion world for celebrities:
“I promised I wouldn’t tear up… but have you heard of a little thing called Lindsay Lohan’s Ungaro collection? That was like the 9/11 of fashion. It was game over for me after that as no one would take a celebrity trying to do fashion seriously.”

On trying to fill the void Michael left behind:
“With the passing of Michael Jackson, I feel a responsibility to bring things to our generation that can inspire and bring real culture to pop culture. I don’t sleep any more thinking how we are going to fill this gap, and create something to inspire on the level he did.”

“I don’t want to be put in the hip-hop box, I’m an artist. Hopefully I’ll hook up with George Lucas and do a film about yellow people with beaks.”

And the money shot:
“I’m like a tree, I feed the branches of the people.”

I’m pretty sure if I spent an entire month in a room full of supermodels feeding me LSD and lies that I’m the largest endowed man they’ve ever seen, I’d still only come out 1/10th as batshit as Kanye West. The man’s ego operates on a level that advanced psychologists in the future won’t even comprehend. “He’s a tree that makes movies about beaked people, so we should hail him as the Messiah. — Screw this, I’m making out with a robot.”

http://foreign.peacefmonline.com/entertainment/201010/91299.php

:facepalm:

·
Registered
11,430 Posts
Szohr said:

·
Registered
11,716 Posts
as much as we are gonna love it, the average person won't appreciate it because they don't understand art.
they think kanye is just a rapper. people didn't get the Portrait Of Power, they aren't gonna get this either.
i love the idea and im very excited but, outside kanye fans and true fans of art. people aren't gonna get this.

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
IamTodders said:
as much as we are gonna love it, the average person won't appreciate it because they don't understand art.
Excuse me for saying so, but I think we need to be open to the idea that the film might be silly as shit.

·
Registered
11,716 Posts
Timesitheus said:
Excuse me for saying so, but I think we need to be open to the idea that the film might be silly as shit.
couldn't help but laugh at that, this is true but it could be spectacular and still people won't appreciate it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts