Kanye to The banner

121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
i'm mad, man. he deserved to get nominated/win.  this is his best piece of work ever.  i just listened to it again on a plane ride yesterday.  it's flawless. i hope he can stay motivated after this.

this is bullshit man

·
Banned
51,728 Posts
I've said as much for years now, no rapper is going to have lasting longevity in the game and win AOTY. That's just the way the game goes, you can't get it all, the powers that be won't allow it.

Just look at Jay-Z, he hardly has any Grammy's but is arguably one of the top musicians in the world. Kanye knew he wasn't going to win, though I will admit the lack of a nom. probably shocked even him

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
In other words he'll space out his music because it's too much for the human mind to handle all at once.

·
Premium Member
12,275 Posts
TheDanGarcia said:
Because the Grammys and critics (ideally) go off whats quality music and not whats Ryan Seacrest plays the most.
Doo-Wops + Loud? There's a balance, and that's where the issue came from. WTT and MBDTF were on both ends of the spectrums, they both got a lot of votes thus cancelling each other out.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Who the fuck cares. He's not winning it anyway. Adele is on lock for that shit -___- (youre an idiot if you think otherwise). Would it have been nice to get the nomination? Definitely.

·
Banned
51,728 Posts
Szohrrr said:
Doo-Wops + Loud? There's a balance, and that's where the issue came from. WTT and MBDTF were on both ends of the spectrums, they both got a lot of votes thus cancelling each other out.
Yet they had no issue putting them both in the category for Best Rap Album? Watch Nicki win that btw.

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
ivey said:
I was held by the same emotions when I heard this. He didn't say anything controversial and I have a feeling that we'll never have the mega-unpredictable mind-speaking Ye we've had because he's suffered so much from it and I don't blame him for being more humble recently. Although I'll miss that part of him.....if it's really not coming back
This.
I miss that crazy ass nigga :cryfam:

121 - 138 of 138 Posts