Kanye to The banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
8,053 Posts
The Illmatic Dropout said:
Why is it just Kanye we're demonizing here? Tons of artists sample. It's an art form that I find very few are actually good at, and even fewer than that are actually great at it.

I happen to find songs that use samples to be a lot better than the ones without the samples.
because this the Kanye section
and all we care about is Kanye

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Wtf is wrong with the samples???
Seriously this is ridiculous,people just realized that the essence of hip-hop is sampling??
Ask 2pac,Biggie,Nas,Dj Premier...J Dilla
So if someone wants heard songs in hip-hop without samples, is just because you don't love hip-hop, maybe you love pop songs.

Oh and btw, Flashing Lighst is NOT produced by Kanye

·
Premium Member
133,379 Posts
look at yo credits bluh about 95% of hiphop beats contain a sample it isnt lazy producing its creative producing

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Pretty B. said:
CTMN sampled + wasnt his production
what samples were in ctmn?? we already had this thread and i think this was one of the few songs without a sample. it only contains adlibs from jeezy because it was supposed to be a jeezy-remix.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Timesitheus said:
808s had samples on Heartless, Amazing, Coldest Winter, Paranoid (though just the beginning), Robocop, and I am pretty sure See You in My Nightmares...and Streetlights.
Im sure Amazing has no Sample  :dno:

·
Registered
165 Posts
So you want Kanye to change his style just so you can feel good about yourself in conversations with others?

I don't even see what's so bad about sampling anyway. If it's so cheap and easy, why is Kanye head and shoulders above the rest?

A photographer takes a photo of a landscape. A painter paints a picture of this same landscape. Is the painting "better art" because the painter worked harder than the photographer?

Most people don't even know when and what Kanye songs use samples anyway. So why do you care? Even in a thread full of fans, there's confusion as to which songs he uses samples on. So what. Do you like the song or not? If he goes around sampling chart toppers in every song (like he did with Good Life and Stronger) then MAYBE you have a case. But even then, if it's so easy why doesn't every do it just as well?

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Cudi. said:
Oh Yes you are right
Thanks for the information :D
You are welcome,anyway it's just a little part so Kanye did the rest,that's why sample it's an art, you can take only the drums and make a masterpiece,you see? without these drums the song wouldn't be the same.

·
Registered
8,053 Posts
chrb said:
what samples were in ctmn?? we already had this thread and i think this was one of the few songs without a sample. it only contains adlibs from jeezy because it was supposed to be a jeezy-remix.
did i say it was a sample? i'm sorry i just meant it wasn't his production

41 - 58 of 58 Posts