Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People expect him to only make revolutionary, ground-breaking music nowadays. He can't just go in the booth and have some fun because the haters/ex-fans will be all over his ass about how he "fell off". Let the man live, sheesh.

·
Registered
11,549 Posts
I understand gettin' your swerve on... but the thought of MBDTF being his last groundbreaking album is really upsetting..

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
MegaKnux said:
People expect him to only make revolutionary, ground-breaking music nowadays. He can't just go in the booth and have some fun because the haters/ex-fans will be all over his ass about how he "fell off". Let the man live, sheesh.
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
Memphis said:
I understand gettin' your swerve on... but the thought of MBDTF being his last groundbreaking album is really upsetting..
This is just a phase of a few songs, don't expect his album to be like this.

·
Banned
23,989 Posts
bala555 said:
This is just a phase of a few songs, don't expect his album to be like this.
This. Wait for the album. These are just radio songs designed to build hype for albums that are far away. And Mercy is a damn good radio song.

I'm not expecting something on the level of The College Dropout, Late Registration, or MBDTF for his next solo or for the G.O.O.D. Music album. That's unrealistic to expect (though it could happen). I'm just looking forward to some good music (no pun intended).

Releasing two straight "revolutionary" albums (not counting WTT) is so rare for any artist.

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
boxman15 said:
This. Wait for the album. These are just radio songs designed to build hype for albums that are far away. And Mercy is a damn good radio song.

I'm not expecting something on the level of The College Dropout, Late Registration, or MBDTF for his next solo or for the G.O.O.D. Music album. That's unrealistic to expect (though it could happen). I'm just looking forward to some good music (no pun intended).

Releasing two straight "revolutionary" albums (not counting WTT) is so rare for any artist.
YES.

·
Registered
11,549 Posts
boxman15 said:

I trust the man overall. Just saw that Theraflu is going to be on Khaled's album anyways so

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Ye keeps the best to himself.

Source: critical acclaim albums

·
Banned
7,874 Posts
you dumb fucks rationalize everything. you cant just admit that kanyes fucking up, i feel bad for you brainwashed stans

·
Banned
10,446 Posts
Kanye fell off said:
you dumb fucks rationalize everything. you cant just admit that kanyes fucking up, i feel bad for you brainwashed stans
post=feelings
avy=feelings
namechange=feelings

·
Banned
23,989 Posts
Kanye fell off said:
I'm no brainwashed stan. Expecting revolutionary or classic music every release is unrealistic. I just enjoy the ride. If these albums suck ass, then I'll say it. So will most.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just to clarify, when I say he "set his own bar too high", I don't mean too suggest that he's less of an artist now. I'm just saying people expect a lot from him. Probably more than any other artist.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Kanye fell off said:
You going full force tonight. Go on.. Eventually, you'll stop. What's the return? None.

Go on... keep doing your thing. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts