Kanye to The banner

41 - 60 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
12,597 Posts
steak_and_cheese said:
proof the whole g.o.o.d. music crew helps with kanyes rhymes.. tony williams singing the melody for champion and big sean with his notepad
Or he was writing a verse for himself

·
Banned
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
steak_and_cheese said:
listening to it now.. i can definitely see that
I've actually been saying this for 2 years now..thats why the whole "Drake/Nicki punchline" flow was always funny to me cause ppl didn't realize Kanye was using the Supa Dupa flow on Good Life.

and just so happens Big Sean met him/got signed right before that?

"it got to be cause I'm seasoned, haters givin me salty looks...lawrys" :awesome:

now close your eyes and say that with a big sean voice. BOI

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Obi Have said:
I've actually been saying this for 2 years now..thats why the whole "Drake/Nicki punchline" flow was always funny to me cause ppl didn't realize Kanye was using the Supa Dupa flow on Good Life.

and just so happens Big Sean met him/got signed right before that?

"it got to be cause I'm seasoned, haters givin me salty looks...lawrys" :awesome:

now close your eyes and say that with a big sean voice. BOI
i do it

·
Banned
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
steak_and_cheese said:
the hook sounds like something big sean wrote it. even the beat sounds like it was for big sean.

the way he does that stutter/repeat flow. "I'ma get on this tv mama, I'MA I'MA put shit down"

"do it do it like beyonce and put it on sean"

same formula.

:awesome:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Shadow said:
How do you know?
Obi Have said:
the hook sounds like something big sean wrote it. even the beat sounds like it was for big sean.

the way he does that stutter/repeat flow. "I'ma get on this tv mama, I'MA I'MA put shit down"

same formula.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm guessing they had a problem with the sample (Prince - It's Gonna Be Lonely)

the sample in that video is longer and actually sampled from the song

whereas the DJ Toomp/album version is just a small bit of the melody and it's replayed on synth/keyboard, maybe because they used such a small part they got away with it (I don't think it's mentioned anywhere in the credits that they sampled Prince)

·
Registered
195,493 Posts
Obi Have said:

same formula.

I see what you mean and kinda agree tbh

41 - 60 of 114 Posts