Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/40105544#40105544

@ 1:30

Matt's interview with @KanyeWest airs tomorrow on TODAY.
8 hours ago
http://twitter.com/todayshow/status/2397654675890176

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In his new memoir "Decision Points," former President George W. Bush said it was a "low point" for him when, in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, rapper Kanye West said on live television, "George Bush doesn't care about black people."

On NBC's "Today Show" Wednesday morning, the former president and the musical performer separately expressed their willingness to move past the contentious moment.

"I would tell George Bush, in my moment of frustration, I didn't have the grounds to call him a racist," West said in a pre-taped interview aired for Mr. Bush. "But I believe that in a situation of high emotion like that, we as human beings don't always choose the right words."

Mr. Bush said that he appreciated the remarks.

"I am not a hater. I don't hate Kanye West," Mr. Bush said. "But I was talking about an environment in which people were willing to say things that hurt. Nobody wants to be called a racist, if in your heart you believe in equality of race."

The former president said on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" in an interview aired yesterday that he made mistakes in the way he handled the 2005 natural disaster. He said, however, that it was unfair for West and others in the black community to pin his shortcomings to racism.

"I can see how the perception would be, 'maybe Bush didn't care,'" he said in that interview. "But to accuse me of being a racist is disgusting."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20022322-503544.html

·
Registered
26,385 Posts
Damn... Kanye is becoming bigger than I thought with all this publicity... I'm starting to think all this shit is staged lol

L

·
0 Posts
DK- said:
He had nothing but positive things to say about Ye tho.
lol no he didnt. he's been promoting his book for days and always described Kanye's moment as the lowest thing directed towards him. hadn't said anything positive. he only changed his mind after that clip of Kanye yesterday.

·
0 Posts
Block said:
[email protected] Bush saying "I'm not a hater"

tbh, I think Bush got a lot of heat for things that weren't really his fault. I don't care what anyone says, but I liked Bush as a person. and All the people that acted like Obama was gonna be soooo much better, what do u say now? Cause it doesn't look that way.

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
HA5TY said:
tbh, I think Bush got a lot of heat for things that weren't really his fault. I don't care what anyone says, but I liked Bush as a person. and All the people that acted like Obama was gonna be soooo much better, what do u say now? Cause it doesn't look that way.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
HA5TY said:

wow

there are 20000000 other people that loved bush

you are not the only one..

its just your opinion

·
Registered
47,303 Posts
Bush wasn't a bad person. Sure, he made a lot of mistakes but no one's perfect. I respect Bush more now that he actually appreciate what Kanye said, and I respect Kanye more for manning up to his past faults. That tv host is a douche though. If you look at the Kanye/Katrina video, Kanye did sound very tense and emotional.. and at that moment, he said what was on his mind.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts