Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
28,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about this last Saturday during the Q&A session with MTV. Kanye has been using the word "rockstar" a lot lately and it really got me thinking about the prototypical Rockstar. The Hendrix's and Morrison's and Cobain's of the world. Those heroes and poets, Gods and prophets who were fearless and seemed almost invincible but ultimately met their end by the hands of their own personal flaws. If Kanye was truly in this same league he would have died shortly after Graduation of a drug/alcohol overdose or tragic plane crash and then celebrated for the next 20 years. Luckily for us Kanye gets a chance to earn that right but it really got me thinking. Is Kanye West the last real rockstar alive or the first real rockstar of the new millenium?

He's one of the most interesting characters I've ever seen. He's Hip Hop's vigilante, loved for what he does but hated for what he is. The black Batman but without the Tom Waits voice. Who else when brought up in the topic of conversation can evoke passionate debates where words like genius and delusional psychopath are thrown around in the same sentences other than the President? In fact, who else can irk so many that even the President takes time out of his busy schedule of fixing an economic crisis and fighting off terrorism to call you a jackass?

It's been some time since we've had someone quite like Kanye West. Not since the days of Kurt Cobain and MJ in his prime has the public been so fascinated with an artist. An artist that they can't even decide whether to love or hate. Kanye is both the good guy and the bad boy. He is both part hero and part villain and it is for this reason that makes him so intriguing. Kanye will leave this earth a legend. He will be remembered as a rebel, a genius, an asshole, a visionary and possibly a lunatic. A real ROCKSTAR.

:twisted:

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
▲FlyMx said:
I was thinking about this last Saturday during the Q&A session with MTV. Kanye has been using the word "rockstar" a lot lately and it really got me thinking about the prototypical Rockstar. The Hendrix's and Morrison's and Cobain's of the world. Those heroes and poets, Gods and prophets who were fearless and seemed almost invincible but ultimately met their end by the hands of their own personal flaws. If Kanye was truly in this same league he would have died shortly after Graduation of a drug/alcohol overdose or tragic plane crash and then celebrated for the next 20 years. Luckily for us Kanye gets a chance to earn that right but it really got me thinking. Is Kanye West the last real rockstar alive or the first real rockstar of the new millenium?

He's one of the most interesting characters I've ever seen. He's Hip Hop's vigilante, loved for what he does but hated for what he is. The black Batman but without the Tom Waits voice. Who else when brought up in the topic of conversation can evoke passionate debates where words like genius and delusional psychopath are thrown around in the same sentences other than the President? In fact, who else can irk so many that even the President takes time out of his busy schedule of fixing an economic crisis and fighting off terrorism to call you a jackass?

It's been some time since we've had someone quite like Kanye West. Not since the days of Kurt Cobain and MJ in his prime has the public been so fascinated with an artist. An artist that they can't even decide whether to love or hate. Kanye is both the good guy and the bad boy. He is both part hero and part villain and it is for this reason that makes him so intriguing. Kanye will leave this earth a legend. He will be remembered as a rebel, a genius, an asshole, a visionary and possibly a lunatic. A real ROCKSTAR.

I can set up a meeting if you wanna.... you know... do your thing.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
gaga + kanye wudda been the dopest things ever in music history. but that aint gonna happen ever again afta he ruled it out.

·
Registered
10,046 Posts
▲FlyMx said:

***** stop riding that dick so hard shit  :facepalm:

·
Registered
45 Posts
There was a quote back when 808s came out. It came out the same week as Chinese Democracy, and it was a long the lines that Kanye West was more Axl Rose then Axl Rose is Axl Rose nowadays, and it's true.

Kanye is the last real rockstar, in the sense that he gets hailed for being an unstoppable asshat who does what he wants at such a prolific level.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts