Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
23,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At a press junket following the London screening of Kanye West's short film Runaway, the controversial rapper half-jokingly compared a meeting he had with Michael Jackson to the scene in Iron Man 2 when the father passes his power down to Tony Stark.

West added that he "had to keep this thing going" now that Michael's gone. "I feel extra convicted with the passing of Michael Jackson."

It would seem that Kanye, the budding filmmaker, wants to imagine himself on the big screen because this isn't the first time he's compared himself to a popular movie. In early September, West went on an apologetic twitter rant, comparing his post "Imma let you finish" days to a scene from Will Ferrell's hit movie Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy:

Remember in Anchor Man when Ron Burgandy cursed on air and the entire city turned on him? But this wasn't a joke. This was & is my real life. There are people who don't dislike me... they absolutely hate me!

http://foreign.peacefmonline.com/entertainment/201010/90785.php

·
Registered
245 Posts
KanYe is a "show man" or "showstopper" he puts a lot of thought into his live shows just as MJ would. It was more of an experience than a concert.

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
I hate how people get pissy about Kanye comparing himself to MJ. Who the fuck else in his generation is even close? I mean honestly? Not to mention most of the people who bitch about that comparison only do it because they think they are cool being on the "fuck Kanye" bandwagon when really they probably don't know shit about either artist.

·
Premium Member
53,595 Posts
Would love to see Kanye broaden his horizon into the film industry. Moreso independently in his art.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts