Kanye to The banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we all know yeezy's lyrics often have double meanings, which a lot of people (including myself sometimes) don't immediately comprehend.
that's why I'd like a thread that's dedicated to discussions about possible (double) meanings of kanye's lines, both old & new.

if you post a question or an answer/interpretation, be sure to add the title of the track and the specific bars you are referring to.

i'll start this off... can anyone explain the following:

See Me Now:
Attention to detail is so uncanny
And the whip’s on the Sprewells, it’s so un-Camry

Monster:
Have you ever had sex with a pharaoh?

I put the pussy in a sarcophagus

Now she claimin’ that I bruise her esophagus

Head of the class, and she just want a swallowship

thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
91,083 Posts
pussy in a sarcophagus:
when pharoahs were mummified, they sometimes had their pet cats mummified along with them in their sarcophagus

bruise her oesophagus: lol, think about it.....

HEAD off the class, and she just want a SWALLOWship..
hmm...

·
Registered
218 Posts

= He pays greater attention to detail than most, and the cars he drives are sooooo Un- Camry aka Ferraris n shit

Have you ever had sex with a pharaoh?

I put the pussy in a sarcophagus

Now she claimin’ that I bruise her esophagus

Head of the class, and she just want a swallowship

=He is of king status and is you fuck him its like fucking a pharoah. Sex w him is so good that you will want to die. The pussy, he'll kill that shit. If you suck his dick, his dick is so big he will ram the back of your throat causing bruises to appear. She is smart and wants a scholarship, he jusy wants his dick sucked

·
Registered
85 Posts
HEAD of the class and she jus won a SWALLOWship =
yu kno how sometimes people refer to head as brain or say things like she gives good brain so kanye means she is ahead of the class meaning she gives great head and a swallowship means she really really smart in other words gives outstanding head cz to get a scholarship yu have to be really smart and she has a "SWALLOWSHIP" get it?

Q

·
0 Posts
Its a double entendre. In case you didn't know, a double entendre is a line or phrase with a double meaning which is what this topic is about.

Got this explanation from a site for this line:
So Appalled
"We above the law, we don't give a fuck about y'all"

1.Justice is Blind”; similarly, the “Law of Kanye” is he doesn’t care about YOU!

2.Kanye compares himself to Allah (Arabic for “the God”) since he’s a “God M.C.”

·
Registered
85 Posts
Str33tKingz !YY! said:
Its a double entendre. In case you didn't know, a double entendre is a line or phrase with a double meaning which is what this topic is about.

Got this explanation from a site for this line:
So Appalled
"We above the law, we don't give a fuck about y'all"

1.Justice is Blind”; similarly, the “Law of Kanye” is he doesn’t care about YOU!

2.Kanye compares himself to Allah (Arabic for “the God”) since he’s a “God M.C.”
yeah your rite jay z does this alot too

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright, thanks for the info.

here's another line a lot of people I know didn't seem to understand:

Power RMX:
"I'm on my Van Gogh, I don't hear shit." => Vincent Van Gogh is a famous painter who cut his own ear off.

·
Registered
607 Posts
mgpg said:
alright, thanks for the info.

here's another line a lot of people I know didn't seem to understand:

Power RMX:
"I'm on my Van Gogh, I don't hear shit." => Vincent Van Gogh is a famous painter who cut his own ear off.
I love that line

·
Registered
581 Posts
halleJEWyah said:

= He pays greater attention to detail than most, and the cars he drives are sooooo Un- Camry aka Ferraris n shit
Also the brake problems with Camry's a while back, due to a lack of attention to detail

1 - 12 of 12 Posts