Kanye to The banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10,120 Posts
StWest said:
Thank god she denied, we would have never got 808s
that's a different girl. Alexis Phifer (whose cancelled engagement resulted in 808s) came after his CD-LR era girlfriend

true tho i guess, if he'd married that first girl we would also not technically have had 808s

G

·
Axyend said:
that's a different girl. Alexis Phifer (whose cancelled engagement resulted in 808s) came after his CD-LR era girlfriend

true tho i guess, if he'd married that first girl we would also not technically have had 808s
Fr :oh:,  I thought Alexis Phifer was it and was also during CD and LR era, I think they also had a long on-off relationship

·
Registered
10,120 Posts
StWest said:
Fr :oh:,  I thought Alexis Phifer was it and was also during CD and LR era, I think they also had a long on-off relationship
some sources say Kanye and Alexis started dating in 2002, so before CD, but then that line (about his girlfriend from highschool onwards, Sumeke Rainey, doesn't make sense) but then on LR he raps about how he used to split bucket at kfc with his girl, but things changed and about him cheating on girls and shit, so I'm guessin they only broke up between CD and LR, unless he wrote his never let me down verse way before CD came out (big possibility) and just left those lines in there

edit:

the girl doing the "you mean talib... that's my favourite CD that I play at my crib" call on get em high is that original girlfriend. Same for some parts on New workout plan apparently

·
Registered
13,597 Posts
Axyend said:
some sources say Kanye and Alexis started dating in 2002, so before CD, but then that line (about his girlfriend from highschool onwards, Sumeke Rainey, doesn't make sense) but then on LR he raps about how he used to split bucket at kfc with his girl, but things changed and about him cheating on girls and shit, so I'm guessin they only broke up between CD and LR, unless he wrote his never let me down verse way before CD came out (big possibility) and just left those lines in there

edit:

the girl doing the "you mean talib... that's my favourite CD that I play at my crib" call on get em high is that original girlfriend. Same for some parts on New workout plan apparently
Alexis and Kanye were mostly on and off for a while I believe

21 - 31 of 31 Posts