Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ivy Crimson said:
Jay-Z's mic is an Telefunken U47 costs 9,000 and Kanye uses a Sony C800G that cost 8,000 plus they are using Neve 1073s which cost $4,000 each
Ivy Crimson said:
Jay is using a SE Reflection Filter, the cheaper one that cost $160. $200 dollar Beyerdynamic headphones.

Ivy Crimson said:
The monitors are Yamaha NS10s and KRK Rokit 8s

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Dame Dash said:
It sounds like you're making that up tbh

and Ye's main tools are an MPC 2000XL and an ASR-10
thats exactly the reason. they didnt want to be sending files over the internet cus thats how shit gets out..so they made everything in the same room..flew artists/engineers/producers in to work with em..not that hard to believe

·
Banned
3,955 Posts
FashionExpert said:
LOL, to prevent leaks? They interviewed Mike Dean. I don't know where the interview's at though.
oh ok
they can prevent leaks in a big studio too they just have to only keep trusted people around and never render files of the Pro Tools sessions
and definitely never send files back and forth

·
Premium Member
10,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dame Dash said:
yeah but a hotel room? wtf?
It seems pretty cool but I too came to the conclusion that it depends on the people who are in the room and if they are trustable. Same people could have been in the studio. And I wonder where they were situated in the hotel where the music wouldn't be a disturbance to other people staying there lol. And they could easily hear the music too and record it with a phone or something...

·
Banned
3,955 Posts
Mr. Cool said:
It seems pretty cool but I too came to the conclusion that it depends on the people who are in the room and if they are trustable. Same people could have been in the studio. And I wonder where they were situated in the hotel where the music wouldn't be a disturbance to other people staying there lol. And they could easily hear the music too and record it with a phone or something...
it's not that

what's unbelievable is the idea of the two hottest rappers on the planet recording in a fucking hotel room instead of a proper treated vocal booth like they're some teenage wannabe rappers about to upload their album to myspace or something

1 - 20 of 141 Posts