Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ye was Comfortable.

Arguably His best releases CD and MBDTF, both had Ye on edge and not in the most comfortable of positions. Also to an extent Graduation.
CD saw a Kanye West in his late 20's, It was looking like last chance saloon after a broken capital deal and No interest apart from Rocafella. Y'all probably know the story, if not listen to last call.
And then we have MBDTF with the whole taylor swift fiasco, he went into hiding and made an album that would win us over*.
Graduation could be mentioned with the 50 cent album competition.

It's pretty clear that Yeezy performs at his very best under pressure to deliver. Ye was comfortable on Yeezus, which is a good album but it's pretty clear its not his best.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
74,339 Posts
KanyetheLouisKing said:
OP may be on to something D:

The question is, how do we put pressure on Kanye?
kanye been making it clear he doesnt care

"this album is all about giving.... no fucks." :work:



 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
+Webbie Vuitton said:
kanye been making it clear he doesnt care

"this album is all about giving.... no fucks." :work:
Yeah I think your right. He has a kid to take care of now, he made his money. He can just keep releasing music with next to no promotion when he feels like and be comfortable. Music is his hobby now. He'll never have to go back to making ''5 beats a day for 3 summers.''
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
74,339 Posts
De2x said:
Yeah I think your right. He has a kid to take care of now, he made his money. He can just keep releasing music with next to no promotion when he feels like and be comfortable. Music is his hobby now. He'll never have to go back to making ''5 beats a day for 3 summers.''
thats kinda of just conjecture we dont know wat kanye will do lol  :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47,646 Posts
kimotrip said:
and what about Late Reg ?
1) "sophmore slump" fear
2) following up to such a great debut album The College Dropout "can he top it?"
3) Grammys and other award shows
4) getting respect lyrically, for those he we'rent impressed by his CD rhymes
5) and Ye's always been talking shit, so ofcourse he had to back it up with another classic album
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63,581 Posts
De2x said:
Ye was Comfortable.

Arguably His best releases CD and MBDTF, both had Ye on edge and not in the most comfortable of positions. Also to an extent Graduation.
CD saw a Kanye West in his late 20's, It was looking like last chance saloon after a broken capital deal and No interest apart from Rocafella. Y'all probably know the story, if not listen to last call.
And then we have MBDTF with the whole taylor swift fiasco, he went into hiding and made an album that would win us over*.
Graduation could be mentioned with the 50 cent album competition.

It's pretty clear that Yeezy performs at his very best under pressure to deliver. Ye was comfortable on Yeezus, which is a good album but it's pretty clear its not his best.
LMAO wot m8? Ye had to finish the lyrics for like 4-5 songs in two days, how is that comfortable?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Giant Ugly Mane said:
LMAO wot m8? Ye had to finish the lyrics for like 4-5 songs in two days, how is that comfortable?
I don't know the exact circumstances was he given a deadline for the album or did he chose to do that? And are you saying that he would've made a better album with more time?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63,581 Posts
De2x said:
I don't know the exact circumstances was he given a deadline for the album or did he chose to do that? And are you saying that he would've made a better album with more time?
A better album lyrically yes, the production was like 98% complete. And that was his deadline I believe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61,015 Posts
I don't know when he's been comfy but he's done a new sound for every of his albums :dno:
So with those new sounds comes a chance that you will like them less but I wouldn't say he performs best under pressure
 
1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Top