Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Banned
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Were he, he wouldn't need to be begging anyone for support.

If you have the ideas, if you have the capital, if you have the right business model, investment interest will come no problem.

I don't buy the idea that just because he is who he is people won't support him. That's influential but its not the whole story.

For example, why is Ye not a venture capitalist himself? People with less capital have done more by being VC's.

Mark Andreessen, Netscape coowner, had virtually the same networth as Ye after selling it and partnered with Ben Horowitz(Ye's homie) to be make arguably the best VC firm in San Fran.

Ye wants to design buildings? Well how about you start with a real estate development/design company, buy some properties with your (once upon a time) $150 networth and redesign homes. Establish a reputation there.

There are ever so many ways Ye can get imvovlef in the things he wants, but he seems to want to start at the tippytop in the highest of markets which is very capital intensive and requires strong investment. Had he ideas worth that it would be no issue.

·
Registered
374 Posts
This is where I have to give Jay-z props for being effective in the route he decided to take. Shame none of it rubbed off on Ye

·
Registered
133 Posts
TRUSMEDADDY said:

If you have the ideas, if you have the capital, if you have the right business model, investment interest will come no problem.

I don't buy the idea that just because he is who he is people won't support him. That's influential but its not the whole story.

For example, why is Ye not a venture capitalist himself? People with less capital have done more by being VC's.

Mark Andreessen, Netscape coowner, had virtually the same networth as Ye after selling it and partnered with Ben Horowitz(Ye's homie) to be make arguably the best VC firm in San Fran.

Ye wants to design buildings? Well how about you start with a real estate development/design company, buy some properties with your (once upon a time) $150 networth and redesign homes. Establish a reputation there.

There are ever so many ways Ye can get imvovlef in the things he wants, but he seems to want to start at the tippytop in the highest of markets which is very capital intensive and requires strong investment. Had he ideas worth that it would be no issue.
He's an idea man, product man and always has been. It's better that way, allows him to think beyond the normal boundarys of business. That's how most philanthropists and free thinkers work.

He finds it hard to convey his ideas, and with the stigma of being a controversial rapper who acts out of control on social media, it's hard to get your foot in the door in the first place to be taken seriously from the people he needs the most.

Kanye needs a team around him, he refers to himself like Michael Jackson because of the way he works creatively. If you look at more recent footage, he's recording hooks and flow ideas into his phone ad lib, fleshing out the idea later or sharing it with the team to realise. The ideas are bigger than him alone now, and that's probably why he has handed over a lot of control on tlop. We've seen more studio time, snippets and lyrics than ever before. He WANTS to share, he wants to inspire.

Problem is, when you think in the stars it's difficult for anyone to meet with you up there.

·
Banned
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kevin_Rose said:
This is where I have to give Jay-z props for being effective in the route he decided to take. Shame none of it rubbed off on Ye
Yeah like for the Andreessen/Horowitz example. Ye and Jay could have collabed with their collective worth to be venture capitalists. Didn't happen.

I think for alot of people, especially black artists who don't come from much, there's the idea you have to do everything yourself. You have to create this idea, build a company, live in debt until its successful and be a special bitterly.

No ***** u have mad bread now. Invest in other ppls ideas and reap the profits.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
TRUSMEDADDY said:

Expressing your ideas in a creative field is way more difficult than how simple you make it sound. He doesn't have the capital, that's why he's asking mark. He's not a venture capitalist himself because he's a musician and designer first. He's said it plenty of times. Being a venture capitalist is a path of its own that he's not looking to pursue. His main focus is to create for the world, he doesn't want to be hindered by or focus on money.

·
Banned
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
True but he needs to be self-aware enough to recognize it and work on it. Steve Jobs was the ultimate idea man. But he was smart enough to invest in the existing pixar company and turn a huge profit.

There is nothing, I mean NOTHING, from stopping Ye from doing likewise other than himself, maybe public perception to a lesser extent, and, now unfortunately, debt.

He says he's done the 1000 hours to learn fashion and so on. He should be putting an additional 1000 to learn business and investment

·
Banned
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Man said:
Expressing your ideas in a creative field is way more difficult than how simple you make it sound. He doesn't have the capital, that's why he's asking mark. He's not a venture capitalist himself because he's a musician and designer first. He's said it plenty of times. Being a venture capitalist is a path of its own that he's not looking to pursue. His main focus is to create for the world, he doesn't want to be hindered by or focus on money.
Sure but my point is he has a brain, he can learn, he can learn more about business and investment, and it would be in his best interest to do so.

There's nothing all that difficult about VC'ing other than metrics which some VC's may not even use.

He's too busy trying to be a creative butterly. I'm not saying just be a VC Kanye and nothing else. I'm saying diversify and improve.

I don't buy the whole "he doesnt have the capital." Stuff. He may not have ass much now. But at some point the man was worth 150 Mill. What he lacked was the business savvy to put things together

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
TRUSMEDADDY said:
Sure but my point is he has a brain, he can learn, he can learn more about business and investment, and it would be in his best interest to do so.

There's nothing all that difficult about VC'ing other than metrics which some VC's may not even use.

He's too busy trying to be a creative bitterly. I'm not saying just be a VC Kanye and nothing else. I'm saying diversify and improve.

I don't buy the whole "he doesnt have the capital." Stuff. He may not have ass much now. But at some point the man was worth 150 Mill. What he lacked was the business savvy to put things together
like I said previously, Ye isn't trying to devote his time to increasing his wealth. He wants to produce things. You're trying to say "well why doesn't he just go about ways to make money himself through pursuing other business related paths??". I would've thought it was obvious but Ye JUST wants to focus on his ideas. He wants free control without the financial obstacle.

edit: This comment was supposed to go to your previous comment, not the one I quoted. I didnt mean to quote this one (that I havent read yet).

·
Registered
374 Posts
TRUSMEDADDY said:
Yeah like for the Andreessen/Horowitz example. Ye and Jay could have collabed with their collective worth to be venture capitalists. Didn't happen.

I think for alot of people, especially black artists who don't come from much, there's the idea you have to do everything yourself. You have to create this idea, build a company, live in debt until its successful and be a special bitterly.

No ***** u have mad bread now. Invest in other ppls ideas and reap the profits.
Exactly! Your financial situation now that you've made it opens up a lot more doors and areas where you can collaborate with people of stature.

I don't know how smart Kanye really is with money but I know he isn't using it to it's full potential. At one point Jay owned 40/40 club, Brooklyn nets, Roc-a-wear etc just generating profits. Ye doesn't invest in anything that isn't his own ideas and that isn't always the most fruitful.

·
Banned
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
12465 said:
I dont think kanye gives a shit about money or profits, he just wants to create dope shit.
Man said:
like I said previously, Ye isn't trying to devote his time to increasing his wealth. He wants to produce things. You're trying to say "well why doesn't he just go about ways to make money himself through pursuing other business related paths??". I would've thought it was obvious but Ye JUST wants to focus on his ideas. He wants free control without the financial obstacle.
I fully recognize what Ye wants to do. My problem is that he, like many other people, aren't being ambitious/smart enough to see that you can diversify and reach those goals. Tunnel vision has its benefit, but having a wide perception will do wonders. He can still do what he wants while building the wealth to support himself. My point is were he smarter at business he could be as creative as he wants and still turn a profit without being wealth-obsessed.

·
Registered
14,417 Posts
TRUSMEDADDY said:
There are ever so many ways Ye can get imvovlef in the things he wants, but he seems to want to start at the tippytop in the highest of markets which is very capital intensive and requires strong investment.
This especially. Kanye feels entitled to other people's money for no reason. No reason why he couldn't have started out smaller and gathered traction. For anyone seeking to make an in to an industry they have little prior experience in, this is important. He needs better advisors.

·
Registered
9,558 Posts
pablowest said:
He's an idea man, product man and always has been. It's better that way, allows him to think beyond the normal boundarys of business. That's how most philanthropists and free thinkers work.

He finds it hard to convey his ideas, and with the stigma of being a controversial rapper who acts out of control on social media, it's hard to get your foot in the door in the first place to be taken seriously from the people he needs the most.

Kanye needs a team around him, he refers to himself like Michael Jackson because of the way he works creatively. If you look at more recent footage, he's recording hooks and flow ideas into his phone ad lib, fleshing out the idea later or sharing it with the team to realise. The ideas are bigger than him alone now, and that's probably why he has handed over a lot of control on tlop. We've seen more studio time, snippets and lyrics than ever before. He WANTS to share, he wants to inspire.

Problem is, when you think in the stars it's difficult for anyone to meet with you up there.
Brilliant assessment of Ye--very accurate. Def a one of a kind,mentally,at far as this generation goes.

·
Banned
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Kevin_Rose said:
Exactly! Your financial situation now that you've made it opens up a lot more doors and areas where you can collaborate with people of stature.

I don't know how smart Kanye really is with money but I know he isn't using it to it's full potential. At one point Jay owned 40/40 club, Brooklyn nets, Roc-a-wear etc just generating profits. Ye doesn't invest in anything that isn't his own ideas and that isn't always the most fruitful.
Exactly. The closest thing he has to investing is G.O.O.D., which is a small label, which was once just an imprint that gets distribution through Def Jam or whatever.

Key example, though some people may cringe, Tech 9. Man produces his own merch, has his own CD pressing plant and factory and is worth millions as a result. Is he any less creative? No. He was able to take smart advice/knowledge to vertically integrate his music business and turn a profit. Did so in several years at that.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Man said:

edit: This comment was supposed to go to your previous comment, not the one I quoted. I didnt mean to quote this one (that I havent read yet).
Yeah but if you're smart and not trying to get handouts from Billionaires, Ye could have invested wisely, generated his wealth by FIRST pursuing financial gain and wealth to then put him in a position to fund all his creative endeavors and dreams.

It's a marathon not a sprint, this is chess not checkers.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Calling Ye delusional would be the understatement of the century. I mean the guy just tweeted that Zuckerberg should give him "a billion dollars" for his "ideas." He has almost nothing concrete, has never once addressed any type of business plan, and any company he's ran has failed. He couldn't even turn a profit selling fucking t-shirts (Yeezus). Even his Fatburger here in the Chi failed. He can't get money because he has no concept of how to build a company, and the 46 million he's lost between his two fashion endeavors is terrifying to a potential investor.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts