Kanye to The banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 332 Posts

·
Premium Member
55,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plz don't move this to the Kanye Section. I wanna have a serious non-biased discussion.

Can we all discuss Kanye had a pretty big influence in the current generation's rap albums? Kanye West makes a warm, soulful, nostalgic, catchy beat using soul samples, now everyone wants to jump on a soul sample? From 03-06 all your heard was that style. Then Kanye put out an electro-hip-hop single & now all the artists wanna put out an electro-hip-hop single? Kanye West adds in shouts in his beats, not every producer wants to add chants? For example, And I love Drake, but If Kanye wouldn't have made 808's, Drake would be nowhere near as popular as he is today. And Shit like Kanye's Last Call & Big Sean's So Much more.  Not many upcoming rappers today will have the same impact, but I could see artists like Jay Electronica and J Cole possibly

Few artists who've bit Kanye's Style:
Drake
J Cole
Lupe Fiasco
Jay Electronica
Game
Twista
Big Sean
Common
Wiz Khalifa
Kid Cudi
Blu
Nicki Minaj

I still think ppl don't give Kanye enough credit and shit on him every chance they get. Just sayin he had a huge impact the 2000s, and I'm not even a Kanye Stan.

·
Registered
19,879 Posts
I personally think that the artists surrounding Kanye at the time had an impact on him.  If it wasn't for them, Kanye wouldn't have started these trends.

J

·
0 Posts
Kanye definitely relied heavily on the people around him.

To say that Kanye did this all on his own is ridiculous.

He relied heavily on sampling and biting off of Jay Z early in his career.

·
Registered
31,054 Posts
I Heart T Swift said:
I personally think that the artists surrounding Kanye at the time had an impact on him.  If it wasn't for them, Kanye wouldn't have started these trends.
he had a lot of help from rhymefest who wrote with him for jesus walks, or isn't it rumored he ghost wrote jesus walks? that was pretty much the kickstart of his career tbh

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Y'know, kanye has aot of 70's artists to thank for his place in the music world, without them as his samples, would he be special?

·
Banned
98,258 Posts
2 Hunnid said:
he had a lot of help from rhymefest who wrote with him for jesus walks, or isn't it rumored he ghost wrote jesus walks? that was pretty much the kickstart of his career tbh
:lol:

·
Registered
19,879 Posts
J.O. Felonee said:
I agree. He and Wayne were the most influential from 2000-2010
I agree with half of this.  Wayne was the most influential in the early 2000's and on.  The man is a true innovator.  Everybody that has broken through since owes their career to Dwayne Carter.

J

·
0 Posts
I'ma let the fact that Drake is on that list slide doe.

So Far Gone was a heavy influence on Kanye recently.

If anything Kanye bit Drake in 08-09, but that's just common knowledge tbh

·
Premium Member
14,808 Posts
I Heart T Swift said:
I agree with half of this.  Wayne was the most influential in the early 2000's and on.  The man is a true innovator.  Everybody that has broken through since owes their career to Dwayne Carter.
forreal

fuck is a kanye west anyway. dude fell off after Graduation anyway tbh

·
Registered
19,879 Posts
CornyPunchlines said:
forreal

fuck is a kanye west anyway. dude fell off after Graduation anyway tbh
True.  Just look at the way artists market themselves nowadays.  They try to make careers through mixtapes and features.  Who was the first to blow up that way?  Weezy F Baby.  Wiz, Sean, 2 Chainz, Curren$y, etc.  The list goes on.  They're all trying to emulate Wayne's success.

·
Registered
97,305 Posts
2 Hunnid said:
honestly i think kanye started singing cause drake sang/rap at the same time. that's why kanye was singing on MBDTF and WTT tbh.
Kanye was singing on 808s, in case you didn't notice

:|

1 - 20 of 332 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.