Kanye to The banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't on here when Power originally dropped and I was wondering what the reaction was when Kanye dissed SNL. Also, why'd he do it? I'm sure they made fun of the whole Taylor incident, but was that the only reason? Did he like ask to be on the show and they didn't want him to or something? I don't know, but dissing them just for poking fun at the situation doesn't make a lot of sense considering they're a skit show and they had done it before with his blessing (the interrupting skit back in the Graduation era).

Also, not really related, but his Runaway/Power performances on the show remain as some of my favorites of his of all time.

·
Registered
681 Posts
He probabaly said that cause SNL kept milking the incident with lame jokes...months after the incident happened.

I cringed when they had taylor lautner kick the head off a kanye dummy. Especially since lautner was on stage when it happened, and he just stood there and crossed his legs like a bitch.

I dunno about KLive, but I loved the line. By that point, people were constantly making stupid jokes about the whole. I actually wished he went at more people...like the Country music awards, pink, etc.

·
Registered
681 Posts
^ Because SNL is a great platform to sell your product? Not to mention, Ye' has always had memorable music perfomances on the show.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts