Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
13,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'm late as fuck, but I'm not a huge rap fan and started to seriously listen to it this year (I consider Kanye a complete artist, so listening to Kanye =/= listening to rap music in general). Obviously i started with most popular rappers, like Jay-Z and Eminem. And Lupe.

So, when I woke up today I decided to take a listen to Common's Be (I had just listened to the homonymous song before and two other singles), since here it's usually esteemed as one of the best albums in rap music history.

And yes, now I can definitely agree with that. That's such a masterpiece... songs like Be, Faithful, Love Is, It's your world got me goosebumps.

If someone has ever made a better album, this is the moment for you to show me.

Don't flame me :ohno:

·
Registered
13,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MAnt said:
marshall mathers lp
Yeah I listened to it. And you're right, it's maybe a better album. I just loved dat first listen to Be though :datass:

·
Registered
13,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
spejsi666 said:

if you haven't heard those yet, expect to be blown away..
I heard that Black Star album, great shit. Liked Be more :dno:

·
Registered
13,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
HarlemDiplomats said:
in b4 you listen to college dropout for the first time
:cmon:

I've already said that my 'love' for Kanye's music goes beyond his rap skills. And yes, I've already listened to The College Dropout.
I just think that many rappers are better than Kanye, and since you're probably a way bigger expert than me, I asked you if you knew some GOAT rap albums to show me.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts