Kanye to The banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
sneela01 said:
So, I've always heard about relatives, friends, etc. getting those warning emails from Comcast and figured it was because they didn't know what they were doing or because they were using Windows butttttt now I finally just got one for downloading a movie a few days ago.

Comcast had listed the exact movie I downloaded, my IP address, and the method through which it was downloaded (BitTorrent).

So fuckkkk. These are just warnings right? Guess this means no more BitTorrents but I should still be fine with [Links to filesharing sites are not allowed. Do not try to get around this block or you will be banned], [Links to filesharing sites are not allowed. Do not try to get around this block or you will be banned] etc. right?

Also my parents actually got the email. We have a wireless network setup and I use my MacBook Air over that network.

Of course my biggest fear is will I be able to DL WTT? (I'm buying the physical 8/12).
LMAO for thinking Macs are the gods of computers and immune to everything. My friend got like 2 of these, I believe they are just warning since he still has the internet. He still downloads movie but only via website no torrents at all. And he still streams a lot of movies

·
Registered
47,303 Posts
sneela01 said:
Alright I guess not. I just thought wireless security played into it somehow but whatever.
It has nothing to do with your security, it has something with what you downloaded. A lot of torrented movies these days are tracked by the MPAA, particularly any new movies. I would advise you not to torrent any movies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts