Kanye to The banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mo money, 40 year old phenom / Our 15 minutes of fame has stretched beyond / At 42 be better than 24 / I carried the 4-5, mastered 48 laws / Still wearing my 23’s they can’t fuck with the boy / As far as them 16’s, I’m 23 of it all /

omg jay snapped in primetime.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Smooth Operator said:
Mo money, 40 year old phenom / Our 15 minutes of fame has stretched beyond / At 42 be better than 24 / I carried the 4-5, mastered 48 laws / Still wearing my 23’s they can’t fuck with the boy / As far as them 16’s, I’m 23 of it all /

omg jay snapped in primetime.
Awesome verse...but I still wanna give it more listens before I say it's his best.

I find it amazing that Hov has aged and been active in hip-hop for so long and is still so relevant and hasn't fell off.
He'll never do another RD album (lyrically) but he is still top-tier. (FYI Jay is my number 1 so I may be a bit biased)

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
frogsole said:
Awesome verse...but I still wanna give it more listens before I say it's his best.

I find it amazing that Hov has aged and been active in hip-hop for so long and is still so relevant and hasn't fell off.
He'll never do another RD album (lyrically) but he is still top-tier. (FYI Jay is my number 1 so I may be a bit biased)
this this this this

·
Registered
26 Posts
frogsole said:

See I think he's weak lyrically when I think of other great lyricists in rap right now.  Are people listening to the same album as me?

·
Registered
MBDTF
1,785 Posts
Illest Motherfucker Alive. Jay murdered this album...he's still Big Brother. Killing the game at 40.

King Hov/ I'm exactly what the fuck you think/ 11 in a row/ Bill Russell rings/ Michael Jordan swag/ yall think Michael Jordan back/ ***** I got 5 more rings than Michael Jordan had/ Elvis has left the building/ now i'm on the Beatles ass/ ****** said watch the throne?/ yeah its like the Beatles back/ B be my Yoko Ono/ Ri Ri completes the family, imagine how thats gone' look/ front row at the Grammys

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
MBash721 said:
See I think he's weak lyrically when I think of other great lyricists in rap right now.  Are people listening to the same album as me?
Hov still raps about "work" and his daily things. (cars, business, watches, etc.) and all of that still amazes me. He's a trendsetter in all aspects including lyrics. 

1 - 14 of 14 Posts