Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 419 Posts

·
Registered
55,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MetaphoricalOne said:
You could put together a video of highlights even where Harden's lackadaisical ball watching gambling actually pays off, too. It's no secret that Harden's a subpar off ball defender, but these kinds of videos tend to overstate the case :joe:... Cuz I know you could make a clip like this of just about any top NBA player... And I would do it if I was getting paid to... heck you can make a tape like this for almost every player in this league... Even LeBron, Durant- of them getting blown by or leaving their guy wide open.. seriously, watch games in which they've lost or their teams played poorly and you can make a tape like this...There are some players for whom you couldn't make a tape like this, surely- people like Tony Allen, Joakim Noah, Pat Beverley, Avery Bradley, etc. but many of your offensive stars- you could make a tape like this. Again, just pick some games in which their team has lost- and you'll find them.. You can make a highlight (or in this case lowlight) video and it looks mighty convincing when you string all those plays together. Edited videos can make an average player look like a star and vice versa... I could make a highlight vid that makes Ass Cheeks Meeks look like a budding superstar... Not impressed... so to all y'all ******... WATCH MORE BASKETBALL.

:work:
bigdeely said:
Really though you can probably make a lackadaisical defense montage of every star out there. Hell you could probably make a 11 minute long LeFlop video...
Denzel Washington said:
show me a video of his defensive highlights

As I said b4.. a video like "James Harden - Defensive Juggernaut" can be easily made for many players in the league.. :joe: you could handpick plays like that and compile them for practically anyone. .. it over-exaggerates Harden's lack of defensive ability by singling out his poor off ball defense as the only aspect... just like this clip does the opposite.

:work:

^ Locking up Kobo :awesome:

It's not that Harden can't defend, but that he sometimes focuses too much on the ball rather than sticking with his man when his man is off ball... If you watch game in and game out.. you see that he actually has pretty good on ball defense, but bad off the ball defense.

That's why he's excelled at defending in the post. He's strong, has quick hands, and can't get caught ball watching while chasing his man around... He has to reach a point where his energy level allows him to do that... It's just focus and endurance... It's been hard for him to be an above average defender and be the number 1 option/playmaker...yet I think he is going to take a step or two in the right direction this season & adding Ariza with Bev on the perimeter can help with that. :tash:

Harden can improve this season on his off ball D and overall defense with just more consistent effort.. and I'm sure some of the negative talk can fuel him to prove the naysayers wrong...

- When the season starts this thread will become the Harden defensive watch thread... I watch every Rockets game sooooo...

Next season he gets an overall defensive grade for each game performance. ... A to F... including breakdowns on the individual player he was primarily matched up against and how well he did or didn't play them & how they performed.

Each game y'all haters can chime in too, but with #FACTSONLYYYY you silly muthafuckassssss. :smug:

·
Registered
55,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Willz said:
Basically a 5 minute video of him playing the passing lane
There was more variation to the defensive plays in that clip, then the other which was solely ball watching off ball defense from numerous games. :work:

·
Registered
68,731 Posts
"The viral videos of Harden’s defense damaged his reputation. It wouldn’t shock me if Bosh at least considered some of that in his decision."

·
Registered
55,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Denzel Washington said:
you said you could make a video of others
That wasn't the quote I responded too... you said his defensive highlights... well there's some. :joe:

Also I don't have clips of every teams games on deck to compile and edit... ain't nobody got time fo dat... :fly:

1 - 20 of 419 Posts