Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First it was Drake, then it was Kendrick, now it is Cole: New Legends.

Cole changed the game when he released CW:TSS without a hit single (Work Out didn't blow up til afterwards) and shocked the music industry with 218k. Rappers like ASAP and Kendrick followed that model and relied on their fanbases to carry album sales.

Two years later, most people thought Cole was stupid for challenging Kanye to a sales battle. Even though it was a sales battle, it was more about him putting himself in the conversation and the people should decide which is the better album. Cole came surprisingly close and surprised the industry with 297k who projected him to sell 150k while Yeezus sold 327k. Ultimately, Cole has changed the way the younger generation of rappers should view the legends. There is no need to run away from a Jay or Kanye when you have a great fanbase and confidence in your music.

TL;DR Whether you like the music or not Drake, Kendrick, and Cole are the most popular artists. And the first tier of the new generation. Cole has changed the industry with his two albums.

ASAP Rocky and Big Sean are up next...

Banned
Asap is one of my favorite new artist but his only hit was with 3 of the biggest mainstream artist lol.
I thought Goldie would pop but it was bad timing shoulda dropped after fucking problems

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
omo pt. said:
Big Sean and rocky are not up next
I don't even really like Rocky's music that much but I respect his influence on the game. Big Sean really stepped up on Cruel Summer and had MOTY with Detroit. Who do you think should be ahead of them?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Really said:
"Legends" is a little strong.
You may think so but once again they have to be the New Legends if not who will be. When Jay, Em, Ye, and Nas or gone
who is at the forefront of the game?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Really said:
I'm a fan of all three but "Legends" is a little strong. And Cole ain't changed shit.
What's wrong with what he changed in my first post?

Registered
Kold said:
First it was Drake, then it was Kendrick, now it is Cole: New Legends.

Cole changed the game when he released CW:TSS without a hit single (Work Out didn't blow up til afterwards) and shocked the music industry with 218k. Rappers like ASAP and Kendrick followed that model and relied on their fanbases to carry album sales.

Two years later, most people thought Cole was stupid for challenging Kanye to a sales battle. Even though it was a sales battle, it was more about him putting himself in the conversation and the people should decide which is the better album. Cole came surprisingly close and surprised the industry with 297k who projected him to sell 150k while Yeezus sold 327k. Ultimately, Cole has changed the way the younger generation of rappers should view the legends. There is no need to run away from a Jay or Kanye when you have a great fanbase and confidence in your music.

TL;DR Whether you like the music or not Drake, Kendrick, and Cole are the most popular artists. And the first tier of the new generation. Cole has changed the industry with his two albums.

ASAP Rocky and Big Sean are up next...
Lol Cole stans are by far the worse.聽 :work:

Registered
Kold said:
You may think so but once again they have to be the New Legends if not who will be. When Jay, Em, Ye, and Nas or gone
who is at the forefront of the game?
Legendary status isn't something that can be given out early. It's a reach saying all three are the "New Legends" right now.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wil10 said:
Lol Cole stans are by far the worse.聽 :work:
You didn't even point out anything outlandish I said. Everything is true whether I'm a Cole stan or not...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Really said:
Legendary status isn't something that can be given out early. It's a reach saying all three are the "New Legends" right now.
Alright I respect that. Doesn't change the fact that their the leaders of the new school.

Registered
Kold said:
What's wrong with what he changed in my first post?
What I mean is, J. Cole hasn't made an impact in the sense that NOBODY is gonna alter how they do things. And I mean nobody.

Registered
Kold said:
You didn't even point out anything outlandish I said. Everything is true whether I'm a Cole stan or not...
It really isn't though lol, it's a very far reach tbh.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts