·
Registered
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$100 a track

but a discount for my Kanyelive friends because of the quality differences

$50 a track

Example of my work with Lisa Greene

Lisa Greene is a major songwriter and she has wrote a lot of songs for Britney Spears new album. I hope you guys enjoy this

http://limelinx.com/files/78a429d48b545acd74683eb87c6d7917 - New Master

http://limelinx.com/files/1514d73857bf8868e6a63510ee03e1db - Mastered

http://limelinx.com/files/87eee5307ce6dc229ef4a73b52beb9cb - mp3 up

This is the mix I did at West Viking Studios, Bruce Swedien's studio using the Thriller console. I was also running Pro Tools HD at the same time
;D

B

·
0 Posts
Ivy Crimson said:
:hf: ive seen the work it takes u really have to know ur shit to make songs sound good. mad respect for engineers

·
Registered
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fenix said:
:hf: ive seen the work it takes u really have to know ur shit to make songs sound good. mad respect for engineers
It's a hard ass job, I know engineers who worked with Kanye and Justin. They work 13 hour days for weeks

B

·
0 Posts
Ivy Crimson said:
It's a hard ass job, I know engineers who worked with Kanye and Justin. They work 13 hour days for weeks
yep my engineers school has plaques from every Kanye album as well as waaaay too many other artists all the engineers that they have plaques for Gradutaed from that school

B

·
0 Posts
Stinky said:
100 bux for real? Thats trash! Only reason why it sounds that good is cause itsa good mic.. I'll destroy you ina mix off any day IV
i hope thats a joke

·
Registered
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stinky said:
100 bux for real? Thats trash! Only reason why it sounds that good is cause itsa good mic.. I'll destroy you ina mix off any day IV
you're an idiot hahaha because of a good mic. I wish it was that easy

·
Registered
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fenix said:
yep my engineers school has plaques from every Kanye album as well as waaaay too many other artists all the engineers that they have plaques for Gradutaed from that school
Full Sail?

·
Registered
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fenix said:
Conservatory Of Recording Arts & Sciences
good stuff, two of my friends graduated Full Sail and worked at The Hit Factory in Miami. All the lessons they learned was out of the window when Bruce taught them. Now they are Bruce's personal assistants. Bruce called me a gifted engineer and I'm certified, so I don't need to prove anything to some guy on the internet

B

·
0 Posts
Ivy Crimson said:
good stuff, two of my friends graduated Full Sail and worked at The Hit Factory in Miami. All the lessons they learned was out of the window when Bruce taught them. Now they are Bruce's personal assistants. Bruce called me a gifted engineer and I'm certified, so I don't need to prove anything to some guy on the internet
yea my engineer finishes school in 4 weeks he's Logic Certified, Tier 4 Pro Tools certified, Autotune certified haha he comes home and tells me shit and i juts dont understand it haha

·
Registered
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Stinky said:
100 bux is ridiclous.. pretty sad if you gotta resort to going to forum to make $ (money)... Those mixes were aite, but nothing anyones gonna remmeber in a year from now.  100 bux wont get you shit if you dont gotta good mic
No, I'm a freelance engineer and I get $50 an hour. I do engineering here to help people get their quality up to showcase to whoever they want to. It's just an option. $100 mix from me will improve your track, a lot. It's not just a good mic. I don't know what you think is a good mic. A $100 dollar mic don't get you far, so you can chuck that out the window.

B

·
0 Posts
Ivy Crimson said:
No, I'm a freelance engineer and I get $50 an hour. I do engineering here to help people get their quality up to showcase to whoever they want to. It's just an option. $100 mix from me will improve your track, a lot. It's not just a good mic. I don't know what you think is a good mic. A $100 dollar mic don't get you far, so you can chuck that out the window.
well clearly there are better mics but ive been using an SM-57 and its been workin for now but if i had more money id def upgrade the mic but a the SM-57 is good if u only have 100

·
Registered
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Fenix said:
yea my engineer finishes school in 4 weeks he's Logic Certified, Tier 4 Pro Tools certified, Autotune certified haha he comes home and tells me shit and i juts dont understand it haha
That's good shit, I don't like Logic too much. I love Pro Tools, that's where I feel more comfortable

·
Registered
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Fenix said:
well clearly there are better mics but ive been using an SM-57 and its been workin for now but if i had more money id def upgrade the mic but a the SM-57 is good if u only have 100
yeah SM-57 and 58s are good mics, but even if you had a $4,000 Neumann U47 FET to use. Your mix could still sound like shit if it's not recorded and mixed properly.

B

·
0 Posts
Ivy Crimson said:
That's good shit, I don't like Logic too much. I love Pro Tools, that's where I feel more comfortable
same with him he used to love Logic until he started on protools hes gunna take his Tier 5 Proficiency in 2 weeks

1 - 20 of 138 Posts