Kanye to The banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided I want to give Odd Future a try. I heard a few random tracks from Tyler and Earl and they without a doubt are talented as hell.

What are some good tracks/albums for me to get started with aside from Goblin, which is the only Odd Future album I know off the top of my head? I want to check out their best work and also get a sampling of all the different artists and styles they offer. Finally, does Odd Future have a lot of new material roll out pretty often, and if so, any good sites/blogs I could look at to keep up to date?

·
Registered
88 Posts
tx0105 said:
I've decided I want to give Odd Future a try. I heard a few random tracks from Tyler and Earl and they without a doubt are talented as hell.

What are some good tracks/albums for me to get started with aside from Goblin, which is the only Odd Future album I know off the top of my head? I want to check out their best work and also get a sampling of all the different artists and styles they offer. Finally, does Odd Future have a lot of new material roll out pretty often, and if so, any good sites/blogs I could look at to keep up to date?
According to the bolded portion, you're going to want to ignore the previous two suggestions Tyler & Earl's stuff first. Listen to "Radical" before anything. From there download the tapes from the people you like. Like, you know, if you like Everything That's Yours go download Ali, you like Salute go listen to Rolling Papers. Sooner or later, you'll get to hearing everyone through features and shit on each others tapes. Then you can download the rest of the tapes and get a feel for the whole thing instead of the typical Tyler & Earl first route.

(oh and don't forget to get Voyager and 5th Echelon from Jet Age of Tomorrow, they're not really on any releases. Frank Ocean is on very few songs, so don't forget about nostalgia,ULTRA too.)

Material comes out on their own terms so, just check the odd future tumblr when you can.

Yeah.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Cliffordd said:
According to the bolded portion, you're going to want to ignore the previous two suggestions Tyler & Earl's stuff first. Listen to "Radical" before anything. From there download the tapes from the people you like. Like, you know, if you like Everything That's Yours go download Ali, you like Salute go listen to Rolling Papers. Sooner or later, you'll get to hearing everyone through features and shit on each others tapes. Then you can download the rest of the tapes and get a feel for the whole thing instead of the typical Tyler & Earl first route.

(oh and don't forget to get Voyager and 5th Echelon from Jet Age of Tomorrow, they're not really on any releases. Frank Ocean is on very few songs, so don't forget about nostalgia,ULTRA too.)

Material comes out on their own terms so, just check the odd future tumblr when you can.

Yeah.
This

1 - 6 of 6 Posts