Kanye to The banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished tagging all of my music and want to create a restore point of sorts in case for some reason all the tags get messed up. What's the best way to go about this?

Also, since everything is tagged, is there a button or something I can click or do to have the file name on my computer update as well?

Ex: The track is Ante Up (Robin Hoodz Theory) - M.O.P.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
you can do that one click to change the filename with programs like mediamonkey, but you have to do each file individually

if you're on windows you can create a restore point thru the control panel. I don't know how on macs, but i think there is something called time capsule or something on macs...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Premier said:
you can do that one click to change the filename with programs like mediamonkey, but you have to do each file individually
Oh, really? If I change from iTunes to MediaMonkey, do you think any of my work tagging all my music will be lost? Should I create a restore point or back up first? If so, what's the best way to back up my iTunes library in its current tagged state?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
Naan said:
Oh, really? If I change from iTunes to MediaMonkey, do you think any of my work tagging all my music will be lost? Should I create a restore point or back up first? If so, what's the best way to back up my iTunes library in its current tagged state?
Tags are a part of the mp3 files themselves, so switching programs won't mess up your tags. However, you don't necessarily have to completely switch to mediamonkey. I use mediamonkey primarily for organizing music and then I listen to music in other programs, it's more of a supplementary program.

Also, it can't hurt to create a restore point beforehand. That being said, I think your best bet is to back-up your music rather than create a restore point because I think restore points (at least in Windows) affect program settings and stuff like that as opposed to files stored on the hard drive.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Premier said:
Tags are a part of the mp3 files themselves, so switching programs won't mess up your tags. However, you don't necessarily have to completely switch to mediamonkey. I use mediamonkey primarily for organizing music and then I listen to music in other programs, it's more of a supplementary program.

Also, it can't hurt to create a restore point beforehand. That being said, I think your best bet is to back-up your music rather than create a restore point because I think restore points (at least in Windows) affect program settings and stuff like that as opposed to files stored on the hard drive.
Thanks. What do you think is the best way to back up my music on iTunes? How should I go about it?
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top