Kanye to The banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Is the frank ocean hype blind?

2K views 58 replies 41 participants last post by  Acedia 
#1 ·
I dont feel like typing a lot of shit just for a potential 3 responses, but what im talking about should be obvious. even though thinkin bout you was already a big song and he had some genuine hype for channel orange, he released that note about his first love being a guy like 5 days before the album came out. Why couldnt he have waited until after the album came out? Not to say that the album wasnt good, but i think this exaggerated some peoples views. Also, there are a few people that claim hes not really gay like that and its basically like when these female popstars like nicki minaj and others act bisexual for attention. im kind of doubtful on that theory, but who knows :kanyeshrug:
and now, hes been not saying shit about a new album for like 4 years straight, but slowly coming back into the mainstream. hes pretty much guaranteed sales from all of his thirsty fans, but idk if the reviews will be as good. he has access to working with a lot of good musicians and he seems like he has good taste, so idk it might work
again, im not doubting his musical skills, but i think he saw some obvious ways to create hype for himself and did it. What do you guys think?

#3 ·
that's really weird OP because I dont feel like typing a lot of shit just for a potential 3 responses, but what im talking about should be obvious. even though thinkin bout you was already a big song and he had some genuine hype for channel orange, he released that note about his first love being a guy like 5 days before the album came out. Why couldnt he have waited until after the album came out? Not to say that the album wasnt good, but i think this exaggerated some peoples views. Also, there are a few people that claim hes not really gay like that and its basically like when these female popstars like nicki minaj and others act bisexual for attention. im kind of doubtful on that theory, but who knows :kanyeshrug:
and now, hes been not saying shit about a new album for like 4 years straight, but slowly coming back into the mainstream. hes pretty much guaranteed sales from all of his thirsty fans, but idk if the reviews will be as good. he has access to working with a lot of good musicians and he seems like he has good taste, so idk it might work
again, im not doubting his musical skills, but i think he saw some obvious ways to create hype for himself and did it. What do you guys think?

#5 ·
People would question him without that letter about his sexuality , especially with the lyrics in Forrest gump, bad religion and pink matter

He was proactive and as you see, he avoids interviews and media coverage. Thus, he wants his music to be the answer to any question you might have

#8 ·
i think if his tumblr note 'exaggerated peoples views' and was the one of the reason for its hype and acclaim, then the record wouldn't still be talked about now.

it definitely made the album and frankie himself the topic of a lot of conversations at the time, but i think the quality of his music kinda speaks for itself, especially listening back to it after all these years.

#12 ·
he said his "first" love was a guy doesn't mean all of them and he's clearly talking about women in some of the songs on the album so. bi

and he probably just wanted to jump out ahead of the reaction when everybody heard forrest gump or some other references to men on the album. so he gave us the context before we heard it.

#19 ·
BlaQ7thWonder said:
he said his "first" love was a guy doesn't mean all of them and he's clearly talking about women in some of the songs on the album so. bi
SAINT PABLO said:
What is the point of this thread? What does him coming out have to do with the quality of his music? What evidence is there that he came out for attention?

:camby:
cmon fam this is elementary level shit. obviously there was some real hype for co because of thinkin bout you, but that first love note blew this shit out of the water. and im not saying the music isnt good, but i think a lot of people may have been "tricked" into being a fan of it and regarding it as a classic just because of all the hype he has

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.