Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Banned
16,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been number one on the Hot 100 chart for 7 consecutive weeks (8 weeks total) with no serious signs of slowing down and Drake is yet to release the music video for it. Knowing that Drake will follow a similar pattern to Hotline Bling and Work, and take full advantage of memes on social media, plus the fact that Apple are now reporting their numbers to Nielsen so it will actually help the song on the charts a great deal unlike Hotline Bling, it's pretty safe to say that the song can actually remain on the charts for the entire summer provided he doesn't displace it with Controlla, which is likely to have it's music video combined with One Dance after he liked the picture below.

Here are some songs that were big hits without music videos. How does One Dance compare?

Who's Holding Donna Now - Debrage
Michael Jackson - Wanna Be Startin Somethin'
Paul McCartney & Michael Jackson - The Girl Is Mine
Michael Jackson - Human Nature
Michael Jackson with Siedah Garrett - I Just Can't Stop Lovin You -
Alicia Keys - Diary
Michael Jackson - Butterflies
Michael Jackson - PYT
Eminem - Crack A Bottle
Stuck On You - Lionel Richie
Magic Stick - Lil' Kim and 50 Cent
Usher & Beyonce - Love In This Club II
Justin Timberlake & Beyonce - Until The End Of Time
TLC - No Scrubs

Note some of the songs had music videos released after cementing themselves in a very good position on the charts and some never got videos.

What do y'all think?

·
Registered
63,581 Posts
Sure lets just not add Panda to the list of cemented hit songs that didn't have a video or got one after becoming a hit song.

·
Registered
87,981 Posts
RASIE said:
Sure lets just not add Panda to the list of cemented hit songs that didn't have a video or got one after becoming a hit song.
Panda is the most forgettable video for a song that was number 1

All becuase it DIDN'T HAVE A GODDAMN PANDA

·
Registered
14,417 Posts
RASIE said:
Panda didn't have a music video, but it had an audio clip on Youtube that got to almost 50m views before it hit #1.. Everything from Views is nearly impossible to find on Youtube.

·
Registered
29,216 Posts
Nexizimas said:
Panda is the most forgettable video for a song that was number 1

All becuase it DIDN'T HAVE A GODDAMN PANDA
Not everything has to be a meme. The song is not about a Panda.

·
Registered
63,581 Posts
thedastardly said:
Panda didn't have a music video, but it had an audio clip on Youtube that got to almost 50m views before it hit #1.. Everything from Views is nearly impossible to find on Youtube.
Wow this is most desperate attempt to move goalposts that I've ever seen

·
Registered
27,742 Posts
thedastardly said:
I

AM

CRYING

1 - 20 of 64 Posts