Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know he's not gonna be autotune singing tha whole album or anything, but I'm feeling like this album is more along that path artistically. Like, if he was picking up where he left off after Graduation then he woulda named it Good Ass Job like he was supposed to. I'm not hating on his growth as an artist by no means. I just feel like
his is gonna be a rapping 808s disguised as an upgraded LR

·
Registered
682 Posts
halleJEWyah said:
none of the above. Its a brand new album, not meant to follow anything he's done before, except for chronologically of course

·
Banned
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Like this* not his in OP

Idk if what I said made any sense, but yeah. I guess what I mean is 808s emotion/feel over a LR 2.0-esque backdrop. I'm not sensing tha CD Kanye. Wish I was. But its dope regardless. I don't think my thoughts are coming across to coherent right now haha

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I think his just letting all his emotions and the bad things thats happent to him in the past 2 years out of his system on MBDTF.Then on his 6th album his probably going bac to the school theme

·
Registered
682 Posts
Kaedus said:
Like this* not his in OP

Idk if what I said made any sense, but yeah. I guess what I mean is 808s emotion/feel over a LR 2.0-esque backdrop. I'm not sensing tha CD Kanye. Wish I was. But its dope regardless. I don't think my thoughts are coming across to coherent right now haha
i think i see what your tryna say.  :h5: i think its more of a culmination somewhat of all his styles, fusing into a brand new incredulous style that may very well mindfuck the entire world  :sadblu:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Jack25 said:
I think the beats will be similar to 808s and the rhymes will be like Graduation.
you have already heard like 1/4 of the album and none of it is close to 808s and the rhymes arent very graduation ish either....how could this be your conclusion????

smh

·
Banned
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeezy3000-we said that about 808s too. What if he feels somthin different and makes "My Bright Sunshiny Synths & Soulclaps" or somthin else random after this? I aint complainin, jus wonderin tho.

:h5: Commish, I think u get it.

·
Premium Member
6,564 Posts
halleJEWyah said:
you have already heard like 1/4 of the album and none of it is close to 808s and the rhymes arent very graduation ish either....how could this be your conclusion????

smh
Runaway and Lost In The World feel like 808s beat. And Kanye's rhyming skills went up substantially on Garaduation and their more of the same so far from the tracks we've heard.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Jack25 said:
Runaway and Lost In The World feel like 808s beat. And Kanye's rhyming skills went up substantially on Garaduation and their more of the same so far from the tracks we've heard.
runaway and lost in the world are very very far from 808s musically. synth + drum loop doesnt equal 808s. and idk how his skills went up on graduation? Graduation was more of a pop album but his raps didnt get 'better' than LR, just different subject matter. and lyrically everything from this album so far is literally nothing like graduation with the exception of see me now

·
Premium Member
6,564 Posts
Imo songs like The Glory and Can't Tell Me Nothing really showcase how far Kanye had grown lyrically. And the raps so far on MBDTW are equally intelligent.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts