Kanye to The banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you listen to an artist cause of the music, or is it usually because of a music vid or image like..

·
Premium Member
84,954 Posts
Y'know, to say image isn't of any importance is foolish. Unless you're rapping or producing masterpieces, image is going to play a role. I think it hurts talented artist when their image is boring too.

Look at the way Nas and Kweli dress.

Then look at the way Jay-Z, Mos Def, Andre 3000 dress.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JulianAniel said:
Y'know, to say image isn't of any importance is foolish. Unless you're rapping or producing masterpieces, image is going to play a role. I think it hurts talented artist when their image is boring too.
This is what i'm sayin like, i hate when these up and comers be like "oh i don't want an image i just wanna be me"

like ***** what the fuck, you can be you, but shit this is entertainment like. you can't be on no bullshit. exploit yourself my *****

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There are some rappers like Nas where even though I know what he looks like I have a hard time picturing him, dude has no imagery.

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
Music is the most important thing but the imagery and their "image" also plays a role, like it doesn't affect whether or not I like the music but I can find it really interesting/fuck with it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Andre & Yeezus dress like homosexuals
Hopsin is on some weird shit.
R Kelly pisses on people
Max B murders/robs people
Danny Brown is just...I don't even have a word for him tbh.

I listen to all of them regularly, I don't care about image at all :slick:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts