Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This year so so far has been a very interesting year in mainstream music, there been a lot of comebacks from various artist from different genres that have been dropping some artsy shit. Stuff you didn't expect them to drop, but still sounds damn good.

Justin and Daft Punk are good examples of this and arguably Kanye. I pretty happy fam, its about time people started listening to music instead of same generic shit on the radio over and over again, even if its banging or not.

·
Premium Member
45,036 Posts
wat do u consider artsy man.

·
Premium Member
91,083 Posts
it started happening a couple years ago imo

i get where you're coming from though

·
Banned
29,878 Posts
I was thinking this recently, pretty much all the new rappers are pretty creative musically. A$AP, J Cole, Kendrick, Mac, etc.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
vARNISHED TABLE said:
wat do u consider artsy man.
Well I'm sure everyone got a different view on what artsy means, but to me its when an artist makes music more for himself instead on focusing on what the next hit is. Even if we don't dig it or not you can tell when an artist is just his own thing.

I can appreciate that.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
I agree but I find the JT album to be pretty disappointing in hindsight.

Mirrors is by far the best song on there. Not much I care to ever listen to again.

Hoping pt. 2 is better.

·
Registered
649 Posts
The more artists stop catering to the bullshit music industry, the better. I'm tired of people shooting to satisfy a bunch of manufactured lists/awards/sales that do nothing except try to decipher who pandered to the top 3 major label conglomerates best.

·
Read Only
178,068 Posts
RSD said:
I agree but I find the JT album to be pretty disappointing in hindsight.

Mirrors is by far the best song on there. Not much I care to ever listen to again.

Hoping pt. 2 is better.
Nah
Tunnel Vision
Blue Ocean Floor
Strawberry Bubblegum
Better than mirrors

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
rascal said:
Line between mainstream and indie music blurring
Its about time as well. Albums like Channel Orange and GKMC as well as some others are really starting to change the minds of a lot of people in terms of what they consider good music is. I think artist are starting to see that people are changing their views and they can finally have fun by try new things that is more close to home or personal.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Dre Kudo said:
Nah
Tunnel Vision
Blue Ocean Floor
Strawberry Bubblegum
Better than mirrors
Tunnel Vision is straight.

Strawberry I find to be very corny. I hate cheap metaphors. This album is full of them.

I don't care to listen to slow ballads from JT ala Blue Ocean Floor. Not a bad song, just not what I go to JT for.

Huge fan of first 2 records though.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
tdub said:
Are you calling Yeezus artistic??

:hah:
Its arguable yes. Whether you like the album or not nooobody expected it at all and it sounds like nothing anyone in the industry has made. Just like all art people will get and some wont and be on their way. This isn't another "Is Yezzus good or not " thread though. Its an observation of the entire industry.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts