Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been using windows my whole life. the laptop i have now is the only laptop i've ever owned. it's 4 years old and a complete piece of shit. i'm really interested in converting to a macbook. i just struggle a little with the price. i can afford it, i just want to be sure it's not going to be a waste, y'know?

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
i recently ditched my pc and bought one, pretty much a solid decision imo. i used to be into desktops and custom pc's and shit but i just really don't care anymore and i've always wanted to run os x natively. macbook pros + os x are really really dope, and thats coming from having used windows forever

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Mac is worth it and Macbook Pro is one of the best out there. Depends on what you want to use it for if it's the Pro you want to buy. If it's for home use only you might find it nicer to have an iMac even. If it has to be extremely portable Air might be it. For work here and there + main home use I would recommend the MBP.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ilyace said:
i recently ditched my pc and bought one, pretty much a solid decision imo. i used to be into desktops and custom pc's and shit but i just really don't care anymore and i've always wanted to run os x natively. macbook pros + os x are really really dope, and thats coming from having used windows forever
is it easy to get used to? also is it easily customizable (in terms of RAM & HDD upgrades)? is it possible to run games from steam on it? or is it not meant for gaming AT ALL?

Phucker said:
Mac is worth it and Macbook Pro is one of the best out there. Depends on what you want to use it for if it's the Pro you want to buy. If it's for home use only you might find it nicer to have an iMac even. If it has to be extremely portable Air might be it. For work here and there + main home use I would recommend the MBP.
it's for mainly home use, but i like having the option of moving it around my house, or leaving the house with it. it's for mainly music, and movies. a media computer basically is what i need. just getting tired of windows & its bugginess.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Shifftee said:
is it easy to get used to? also is it easily customizable (in terms of RAM & HDD upgrades)? is it possible to run games from steam on it? or is it not meant for gaming AT ALL?

it's for mainly home use, but i like having the option of moving it around my house, or leaving the house with it. it's for mainly music, and movies. a media computer basically is what i need. just getting tired of windows & its bugginess.
yea adding ram and hdd's isn't a problem, i'm pretty sure you can even install an ssd in the new ones. i used to play games like cs source and tf2 on my pc and they run pretty smoothly on this (i have the 15" 1440x900 display).

i was basically in the same situation as you, i was tired of windows and i was also done with desktop pc's and wanted a laptop that was almost as powerful.

·
Banned
1,883 Posts
wakeup! said:
not even discussing this with you, you argue everything.
honestly though, who cares.

Blu ray would be a nice addition, but it's not really necessary.

I'm more concerned about devices to use thunderbolt with, than a blu ray drive most people will barely use.

·
Banned
32,125 Posts
i've had my pro for a month now
its worth it. 1000x better than windows and i used to be one of those guys who thought mac sucked cuz it was "hard to use"

·
Registered
346 Posts
heartofalion said:
i've had my pro for a month now
its worth it. 1000x better than windows and i used to be one of those guys who thought mac sucked cuz it was "hard to use"
Mac isn't hard to use. I believe Macs are easier to use than windows. Macs are more user-friendly than windows computers.

What I've always said Mac=general population(idiocracy) and Windows=More advanced users.
BTW, I'm on my Mac and I switch back and forth a lot.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
blkitr said:
What I've always said Mac=general population(idiocracy) and Windows=More advanced users.
Not really. You can do quite a bit with Mac if you know how to use it properly. Windows users often fail to see it.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Armin Van Buuren said:
really what does this matter ! if i really wanna watch a bluray ill pop it into my ps3 & if i really wanna watch it on the go ill download it.
Disc drives are starting to be useless anyway. I need to use a disc maybe once a year.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Phucker said:
Disc drives are starting to be useless anyway. I need to use a disc maybe once a year.
exactly i could really carless if it even had a disc drive, especially if it could cut costs & weight down on the MBP

·
Registered
346 Posts
Phucker said:
Not really. You can do quite a bit with Mac if you know how to use it properly. Windows users often fail to see it.
What can you not do on a Windows that you can with a Mac?

Enough with the Windows vs Mac debate.

OP, Macs have a great build quality and it competes very well with other laptops. You can't go wrong with a Mac or any laptop around the price of MBP. I love my MBP and would get another one once it hits the deck.

·
Banned
1,883 Posts
blkitr said:
What can you not do on a Windows that you can with a Mac?

Enough with the Windows vs Mac debate.

OP, Macs have a great build quality and it competes very well with other laptops. You can't go wrong with a Mac or any laptop around the price of MBP. I love my MBP and would get another one once it hits the deck.
Final Cut Pro

/argument

and trust me there are plenty more I could name, but that's the first thing I thought of.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Armin Van Buuren said:
exactly i could really carless if it even had a disc drive, especially if it could cut costs & weight down on the MBP
;) MacBook Air.... And it can use the disc drive of other computers in the same network if needed.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Pinhead Larry said:
Final Cut Pro

/argument

and trust me there are plenty more I could name, but that's the first thing I thought of.
Games

/argument

Debate on which is better can go on forever. OP should just play around with a MBP at the apple store for a bit and see if you like it. Go from there. What sold me was the solid build they have.

·
Banned
1,883 Posts
blkitr said:
Games

/argument

Debate on which is better can go on forever. OP should just play around with a MBP at the apple store for a bit and see if you like it. Go from there. What sold me was the solid build they have.
you can dual boot Mac OSX and WIndows, and play all your games on your Windows partition tbh.

/argument

1 - 20 of 28 Posts