Kanye to The banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so on Saturday i was at an outdoor concert for Our Lady Peace, Sloan and Stone Temple Pilots.  Well during the concert it absolutely just pissed down rain and my phone got pretty wet.  It was still working normally for like the next hour or so.  Then all of a sudden it just shut off and stopped working(I know i probably should have shut it off).  So I had it in rice the last couple days and it still wont turn on no matter what I do. 

But heres the thing, the water damage indicator in the headphone jack is still white and so is the one in the 30-pin connector.  So it looks to me that it isn't water damage which doesn't make any sense because I don't see any other reason why it wouldn't be working. 

So I'm just curious on what I should do.  Should I play dumb and just say I woke up one morning and it didn't turn on?  Or should i just admit to the water damage and just pay the money to replace it, even though it might not even be water damaged because the indicators are still white. 

And I want to know the quickest turn around.  Is there any way any of these options will allow me to have a new iphone, my old iphone or a temporary iphone by saturday because I'm seeing cudi and I really wanna have my phone for vids and pics and stuff. 

Help me out!! What should I do?

Also Im still under my 1 year warranty so if it isn't water damaged then I am covered for a free replacement.

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
Play dumb and take it to apple, i spilt water over my macbook did the same and got it replaced..whats the worst that could happen? you need to fix it either way..

·
Banned
32,125 Posts
uh idk but that water damage indicator is bullshit tbh

i dropped my phone in the toiler while drunk in april (lol), the headphone jack thing isnt white, but my phone still works perfectly fine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts