Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to start school and what would be easier to use... An ipad 2 or macbook pro? As far as notetaking and projects. Can u state the pros and cons of each?

·
Banned
1,883 Posts
Macbook Pro

the iPad isn't even close to being a replacement for a laptop yet. It's way behind other tablets as far as that type of advanced functionality goes.

right now, it still is really just an oversized iPod touch with optional 3G, despite what you've been told.

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
Pinhead Larry said:
Macbook Pro

the iPad isn't even close to being a replacement for a laptop yet. It's way behind other tablets as far as that type of advanced functionality goes.

right now, it still is really just an oversized iPod touch with optional 3G, despite what you've been told.

·
Banned
1,883 Posts
Hova said:
Macbook air.

Im completely serious, My friend just got a brand new air and it smokes my pro. And for school its so light its sick
Not really.  The new air, is slightly slower than last years MBP so...no way it's faster than this year's macbook pro.

and i'm not talking about that baseline 13" pro.

The air is still a novelty to me tbh :kanyeshrug:

·
Premium Member
47,257 Posts
Pinhead Larry said:
Macbook Pro

·
Banned
4,819 Posts
Pinhead Larry said:
Not really.  The new air, is slightly slower than last years MBP so...no way it's faster than this year's macbook pro.

and i'm not talking about that baseline 13" pro.

The air is still a novelty to me tbh :kanyeshrug:
have you used the new air yet? go try it out for a half hour. Its apples best computer.

·
Banned
1,883 Posts
^ you can't really upgrade the air. Which is my main gripe with it. It maxes out at 4 gigs ram, maxes out at an i5 processor, maxes out at 256 GB flash storage, stuff like that.

·
Banned
4,819 Posts
Pinhead Larry said:
^ you can't really upgrade the air. Which is my main gripe with it. It maxes out at 4 gigs ram, maxes out at an i5 processor, maxes out at 256 GB flash storage, stuff like that.
why do you need more than 4gb of ram if your doing light work.

·
Banned
4,819 Posts
Pinhead Larry said:
Why do you not want to have the capability of upgrading 8GB if you need to in the future?
Why would you need 8 gb anything that will need 8gb is years from now.  And by them it's time for a new computer.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts