Kanye to The banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who sees the human face correctly: the photographer, the mirror, or the painter?
-Pablo Picasso

This quote inspires me so much towards my art career. It makes you realize that all three of the options capture different moments of the human face, but which one is accurate? The photographer is in time for the moment permanently, the mirror is always on time, but the painter is never on time. The painter’s perspective is included in his/her painting, though the photographer and mirror cannot adjust like the painter. A photographer holds possession of living the moment for memories, but as humans, we grow. The mirror catches your present existence with no lies. It will always tell you the truth, but it isn’t until you truly look hard enough to find yourself. Picasso’s quote meant more than the physical presence of the face. It meant the emotions the face expressed, and how it appeared in the energy around its given artist, whether it is the photographer, the mirror, or the painter. The painter is able to obtain the energy and incorporate it to his perspective of that human face. All of the options are possible answers; it’s just how your perspective and mind are set. If you’re a closed minded person most of the time, you may choose the photographer. If you use your left brain for the majority of your perspective, you may choose the mirror. If you use your right brain for your point of view, you may choose the painter. Perspective differs according to Picasso, but it’s up to you to define which outlook you choose to use.

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
don't know if this'll help but i guess you could say that, the photographer only uses 2 dimensions, while the mirror also uses time, and the painter gives a sorta emotional dimension. (that is if the photographer's only purpose is to perceive reality).

but you have already said that much better so..

very well written, your points come across very clearly, and i agree with most. Except i don't think this is a question supposed to be answered.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I'm writing it for a college scholarship O_O so i hope that was good enough. I'll update the post as i finish paragraphs. & well yeah it's not suppose to be answered that's why at the end i say:

"All of the options are possible answers; it’s just how your perspective and mind are set. If you’re a closed minded person most of the time, you may choose the photographer. If you use your left brain for the majority of your perspective, you may choose the mirror. If you use your right brain for your point of view, you may choose the painter. Perspective differs according to Picasso, but it’s up to you to define which outlook you choose to use. "

there's no clear answer.

Here's how i plan to organize the paragraphs:

Introduction/explaination
My Point of View/ Inspiration put into action examples
Conclusion/revised intro

1 - 12 of 12 Posts