Kanye to The banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The track that is probably getting the most controversy from the general public. I truly believe the track is deeper than Ye just being his typical braggadocios self. Its meaning is going over the heads of the public.

There is of course the fact that it is inspired by Psalm 82:6: “I said, ‘You are gods, sons of the Most High, all of you;’”

Then there's

"I am a god
Even though I'm a man of God
My whole life in the hands of God
So y'all better quit playing with God"

And in the American Psycho homage scene where Ye acknowledges that the general public won't understand the track's true meaning:

"And then, there’s a song “I Am a God.” The title practically speaks for itself. But of course, the insecurities of the mainstream music press will never understand its true meaning because it’s ABOUT ME!"

I think in a way he is mocking those who think he truly believes he is an egomaniac w/ a God complex especially with the over-the-top hook. In another sense he could also be saying that we are all gods. The screaming near the end must be symbolic for something, maybe an inner struggle?

Whatever Ye intended. the track is clearly deeper than it may seem.

·
Registered
22,529 Posts
He's also making fun of people who think he's playing with this satanic shit cause he's rich and famous

Like 'oh you saw how Kanye ordered this croissant ? He was rude, he must believe he's god or something' or 'this ***** is getting massages and garages ? He sold his soul to the devil'

·
Banned
32,536 Posts
ThePie said:
The track that is probably getting the most controversy from the general public. I truly believe the track is deeper than Ye just being his typical braggadocios self. Its meaning is going over the heads of the public.

There is of course the fact that it is inspired by Psalm 82:6: “I said, ‘You are gods, sons of the Most High, all of you;’”

Then there's

"I am a god
Even though I'm a man of God
My whole life in the hands of God
So y'all better quit playing with God"

And in the American Psycho homage scene where Ye acknowledges that the general public won't understand the track's true meaning:

"And then, there’s a song “I Am a God.” The title practically speaks for itself. But of course, the insecurities of the mainstream music press will never understand its true meaning because it’s ABOUT ME!"

I think in a way he is mocking those who think he truly believes he is an egomaniac w/ a God complex especially with the over-the-top hook. In another sense he could also be saying that we are all gods. The screaming near the end must be symbolic for something, maybe an inner struggle?

Whatever Ye intended. the track is clearly deeper than it may seem.
agree with you 100% but I know these people won't listen to the song, they just look at the fucking title and make decisions :/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts