Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ight recently I've been seeing a bunch of memes mocking "triggered" (more than usual)

Also, Ian Connor ( :jordanlaff: ) mockingly makes some good points? :maybe: peep his twitter:

im all for feminism if youre intentions are pure but like Ian is pointing out, some "feminists" do it for likes?

no bait I want real discussion

·
Premium Member
25,299 Posts
Obviously a lot of people do it for likes. Most of social justice on social media is entirely self-serving.

I think Ian is an idiot, but that proves the point when even he can see how ludicrous some of this has gotten. Of course the natural reaction is finally for popular opinion to turn against loud idiots.

·
Banned
81,355 Posts
demeulemeester said:
Obviously a lot of people do it for likes. Most of social justice on social media is entirely self-serving.

I think Ian is an idiot, but that proves the point when even he can see how ludicrous some of this has gotten. Of course the natural reaction is finally for popular opinion to turn against loud idiots.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
demeulemeester said:
:oh: you put it in a way I never thought of before :oh:

·
Premium Member
25,299 Posts
haaahn said:
:oh: you put it in a way I never thought of before :oh:
I don't think anyone en masse will ever turn against the real people making a difference and bringing genuine women's issues to light (Malala, Saraswati, etc), but people are finally seeing the trope of the pink-haired, arts-degree liberal as one that no longer has any place or value in intellectual or political discussion. The reactionary argument only gets stronger, and it's a shame, as it discredits real feminists who have real issues and agendas that we need to take seriously.

My two cents.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Someone school me, I like to learn..

Do women in the US and equivalent "advanced" countries even have "real" problems? I looked into that Malala girl's story a little bit just now and I learned that some of these girls don't even access to education :smh:

Is the wage gap between men and women real? I've heard that it is from some and it isn't from others.

I mean rape and things like that are problems too but that's a discussion for another day.

Are these "fake" twitter feminists just making up problems?

·
Banned
10,047 Posts
demeulemeester said:
I don't think anyone en masse will ever turn against the real people making a difference and bringing genuine women's issues to light (Malala, Saraswati, etc), but people are finally seeing the trope of the pink-haired, arts-degree liberal as one that no longer has any place or value in intellectual or political discussion. The reactionary argument only gets stronger, and it's a shame, as it discredits real feminists who have real issues and agendas that we need to take seriously.

My two cents.
"Real" feminism is redundant in the West and is needed in other places...where people don't know what Twitter is. Agreed with the rest tho

·
Banned
10,047 Posts
haaahn said:

Do women in the US and equivalent "advanced" countries even have "real" problems? I looked into that Malala girl's story a little bit just now and I learned that some of these girls don't even access to education :smh:

Is the wage gap between men and women real? I've heard that it is from some and it isn't from others.

I mean rape and things like that are problems too but that's a discussion for another day.

Very good troll post :oh:

Guys don't reply cuz it will only derail the thread into a pointless argument

·
Premium Member
25,299 Posts
Perfect Dark said:
"Real" feminism is redundant in the West and is needed in other places...where people don't know what Twitter is. Agreed with the rest tho
Bingo. What I tried to get at. Feminism in the west is unequivocally and demonstrably unnecessary and not about actual equality.

haaahn said:
Yes.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Perfect Dark said:
Very good troll post :oh:

Guys don't reply cuz it will only derail the thread into a pointless argument
:what:  you even said feminism is redundant in the West yourself

·
Banned
7,298 Posts
haaahn said:

1 in 5 rape statistic is fake and was debunked
Wage gap is fake, federal law prohibits wage discrimination
The only "real" problems I could see are some betacringe guys get touchy/sexually aggressive but if you tell them to fuck off they usually will. They also say "cat calls" are a problem, but telling a girls she's pretty and to have a nice day doesn't seem like a problem; hell I'd love for women to tell me that.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Slav said:
1 in 5 rape statistic is fake and was debunked
Wage gap is fake, federal law prohibits wage discrimination
The only "real" problems I could see are some betacringe guys get touchy/sexually aggressive but if you tell them to fuck off they usually will. They also say "cat calls" are a problem, but telling a girls she's pretty and to have a nice day doesn't seem like a problem; hell I'd love for women to tell me that.
Yeah, the cat calls and the touchy guys was what I was trying to get at in the "other problems" I talked about but I just assumed those were givens that everyone knew about

·
Banned
7,298 Posts
haaahn said:
Yeah, the cat calls and the touchy guys was what I was trying to get at in the "other problems" I talked about but I just assumed those were givens that everyone knew about
The western third-wave feminists create imaginary problems for themselves. They would never talk about real problems faced by women in places like the Middle East.

·
Banned
14,922 Posts
haaahn said:

Well everyone has "real" problems, including women. But en masse women are not systemically disadvantaged in the West. They have far more rights than men when it comes to bodily integrity, reproductive rights, the judicial system, etc.

No. The 77 cent statistic is the average earnings of men & women, it does not account for different jobs. Let alone experience, hours, position, education, etc. The earnings gap also becomes much more apparent amongst married women/mothers, as they tend to prioritize family life over work; and work less hours or even leave the workforce for several years. The best way to combat this is definitely not ridiculous quotas, but rather through societal shifts in work/home balance and just encouraging your daughters to be as ambitious as your sons, there are many biological & societal factors that lead men and women to make different choices.

Yes.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
IAmHipHop said:
long post
thank you man, I guess the way I worded "real problems" was kinda misleading. I meant to say how people believe women are at a great disadvantage but I'm glad you caught on to that instead of flamed me :h5:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts