Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this on Reddit:

It's both aesthetic and for the purpose of driving conversation forward. He chose everyone that he has had a controversial relationship with. His wife is controversial. Ray j and her had a tape which is also controversial. Caitlin is trans gender so him being associated with Caitlin is controversial. He did the let you finish with Taylor. Said Bill was innocent. Went into fashion from connections like Ana. Bush doesn't care about black people. Rihanna becoming overtly sexual and him working with Chris as recently as TLOP even after he beat her senseless. He said he wanted to be president after Trump was a serious contender. He talks down on Amber who was a stripper before and stripped when she was 16.

There aren't many more controversial people in Kanye's life that happen to be famous or people he has had a famous controversial relationship with. Maybe could have added Wiz in there but it was rumored this was shot in Iceland and Mexico I believe which was before the Wiz Twitter altercation I think.

I think they are arranged both to mirror the painting and to expose them for what they are mostly controversial for. Kim's fake ass is out. Cosby's rapist dick is out. Amber is topless like a stripper and smiling in her sleep like she's got the last laugh after breaking up or the smile a stripper gives when she's topless cause no one likes a frowning stripper (don't get tipped well). Trump has his back to you. Bush too but he smiles about it. Rihanna's chest tattoo which was a controversial album cover is out. You see ray j and his abs that were visible a lot during the tape since it was self shot. Chris has his hands up like he might strike Rihanna next to him. Caitlin has her newly implanted breasts out. Ana I can't really apply this to nor to Taylot which makes me say this might all be a stretch but then again art should be about thought provocation and if it's clear as day it isn't much of an artful thing. Kanye might have some explanation or he might just let people decide what they think it means but that's just my interpretation as I was watching it.

Never though about it that way tbh.

https://www.reddit.com/r/HipHopImages/comments/4pqt7m/nsfw_kanye_west_famous/d4ngh17

·
Registered
18,360 Posts
i interpreted it as showing that theyre all just regular people at the end of the day. We are supposed to feel weird watching it because theyre not doing anything sexual, theyre just sleeping in bed like normal people, and celebrity obsession is weird.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Frankie B said:
i interpreted it as showing that theyre all just regular people at the end of the day. We are supposed to feel weird watching it because theyre not doing anything sexual, theyre just sleeping in bed like normal people, and celebrity obsession is weird.
yeah, like he kinda "normalized" these controversial people. or the controversial relationship he has with them, that's what my mom said fam :hhh:

24,699 Posts
HalfCabBeats said:
yeah, like he kinda "normalized" these controversial people. or the controversial relationship he has with them, that's what my mom said fam :hhh:
your moms a ye stan? :mrkrabs:

tell her to hmu

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
i loved this video a lot but i lowkey hope he got the ok from rihanna to have chris next to her lol. the rest i don't care about and even if it goes against the whole controversial subject in the video i still hope he did

G

·
Frankie B said:
yo so articulate fam, keep it up

·
Registered
126 Posts
Frankie B said:
i hate this interpretation so much. vanity fair put these words into kanye's mouth but thats not what he said. if it's this truly though then the famous video is confirmed pure shock value content and should not be regarded as "groundbreaking" the way it is being regarded as or taken seriously.

·
Registered
52,684 Posts
Frankie B said:
I was trying to find the right words while driving last night. This is exactly it. Thank you lol

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Frankie B said:
same

·
Premium Member
94,486 Posts
Frankie B said:
Some of the sleeping positions is weird as hell.

Who the fuck sleeps in the position Chris Brown was in. Dudes were looking like they got finished getting fucked in the ass.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
kaynewest said:
Never though about it that way tbh.
It just got released...

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I thought that the point of final shot is to show how polished can be an routine action in the eyes of the public
Like the whole video we see these people in the most unattractive way ever
But in the end there is a right lightning shadows camera angle

1 - 20 of 22 Posts