Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
India has maintained a military occupation of Kashmir for years, even though the Indian Constitution technically acknowledges it as a separate state and offers it "special status" to govern itself.

Over the past few years there have been rising tensions with the Indian election of ultra-right wing Narendra Modi (by all accounts an extremist Hindu nationalist) with large-scale protests by Kashmiris (who are predominantly Muslim) protesting the Indian occupation, and brutal crackdowns by India including Indian forces using metal pellets to shoot and blind protestors:

Since July, when the killing of a young militant leader sparked a furious civilian uprising across the Kashmir valley, the Indian state has responded with singular ruthlessness, killing more than 90 people. Most shocking of all has been the breaking up of demonstrations with "non-lethal" pellet ammunition, which has blinded hundreds of Kashmiri civilians.

In four months, 17,000 adults and children have been injured, nearly five thousand have been arrested, and an entire population spent the summer under the longest curfew in the history of curfews in Kashmir.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/nov/08/india-crackdown-in-kashmir-is-this-worlds-first-mass-blinding
As of today, India has revoked the article giving Kashmir "special status" to govern itself. Technically, this allows Indians to buy land in Kashmir while subjecting the region to Indian laws. This follows India stationing thousands of troops in the region, cutting off access to phone and internet, and arresting local politicians.

tl;dr:

hindu-nationalist indian government which has a history of anti-muslim rhetoric including calling for genocide of muslims moves to annex muslim-majority kashmir after years of brutal oppression

·
Premium Member
116,471 Posts
this is fucking wild. i feel for the kashmiris.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Fuck Modi and his far right hindu nationalist and fascist party. This will only intensify the genocide happening in Kashmir. Their plan is to replace the local Muslim population with Hindus from India, pretty much just like what's happening in Palestine.

Also fuck any Indian supporting this move. A lot of them are calling it their version of the "final solution" 

:floyd:

·
Registered
10,339 Posts

Now I'm no rhetorical analyst but I'm pretty sure if you're trying to make it not sound like a genocide then calling it the "The __ solution" may not be the best idea

·
Registered
15,004 Posts
RhinestoneCowboy said:

Now I'm no rhetorical analyst but I'm pretty sure if you're trying to make it not sound like a genocide then calling it the "The __ solution" may not be the best idea
:jayhuh:

24,699 Posts
RhinestoneCowboy said:

Oh yikes....

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jal said:
Fuck Modi and his far right hindu nationalist and fascist party. This will only intensify the genocide happening in Kashmir. Their plan is to replace the local Muslim population with Hindus from India, pretty much just like what's happening in Palestine.

Also fuck any Indian supporting this move. A lot of them are calling it their version of the "final solution" 

lowkey these hindu nationalists are actually worse than the alt-right white nationalists

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
AB Ziggy said:
What did you think two out of their three wars were fought for? Pumpkins?  :oblivious:
Suck a dick dude, I was just asking if you genuinely believe that. Using nuclear weapons would get whoever fired them ostracized by the rest of the international community. It would be unwise outside of an absolute worst case scenario.

·
Read Only
101,629 Posts
Jal said:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts