Kanye to The banner

Inception (SPOILERS!!!)

13222 Views 505 Replies 166 Participants Last post by  I_AN_LEGEND

December 7th 2010

get ready
1 - 20 of 506 Posts
Ending to inception explained by Sir Michael Caine.

Ok, so if you hark back to the ending, you'll remember Cobb was reunited with his children and father (Caine) in a sob-alicious final scene. As his usual style dictates, he spins the silver top to double-check he's back in reality, but doesn't care enough to watch whether it ever stops spinning (thus, representing he's in real life).

[The spinning top] drops at the end, that's when I come back on. If I'm there it's real, because I'm never in the dream. I'm the guy who invented the drea
Been knowing this, mayne.
Michael Caine /=/ Christopher Nolan

:work:
i always figured the top stopped spinning :dno:
nothing to accept tbh

until Nolan says it I accept what he showed
DIAZ said:
Accept it.
it was pretty obvious the top was starting to stop
G
Man, this is like the most obvious shit in this weird ass movie. The top kept spinning, meaning he wasn't in reality. He didnt care though because he walked away from it before he could tell whether or not it would fall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9Qp5osoH8s&feature=related
A top about to fall down and the sound of it falling once the credits role. Plus, I think someone who was in the movie, also in that scene, can be considered a reliable source.
Micool said:
nothing to accept tbh

until Nolan says it I accept what he showed
You will never know tbh
That is the point lol unless
Of course Nolan comes out and
gives you a final resolution but there is
No right or wrong answer it all comes
down to what you believe I myself believe he was still dreaming...he spinned the top but ignored it not because he knew he was in reality but because he no longer cared he was with his kids and that's all he needed but the top continues to spin and the movie ends leaving it open ended
believe what you want
dude there was no falling sound. ive seen this movie like 5 times, and it was fucking dead silent then the music and title card comes on

DIAZ said:
A top about to fall down and the sound of it falling once the credits role. Plus, I think someone who was in the movie, also in that scene, can be considered a reliable source.
▲FlyMx said:
You will never know tbh
That is the point lol unless
Of course Nolan comes out and
gives you a final resolution but there is
No right or wrong answer it all comes
down to what you believe I myself believe he was still dreaming...he spinned the top but ignored it not because he knew he was in reality but because he no longer cared he was with his kids and that's all he needed but the top continues to spin and the movie ends leaving it open ended
believe what you want
:h5:
Not to mention, if we look at the costumes of the children it can be surmised that he's in reality. In his last memory consisting of his children, his daughter is wearing an all orange/red dress. His son is wearing a plaid shirt consisting of blue and red colors. At the end, the notion is if it's still a dream, his children should be wearing the same clothes as they do in his last memory of them. His son is wearing the same shirt, but his daughter is wearing a dress that is also orange, but it has white sleeves. If we go based off a production cue, then he's clearly not stuck in his dream.

And although it didn't fall, we can infer from the top that it likely wasn't a dream state. Throughout the whole film, the top spins perfectly in the dream world with no shakes or blips. Yet, at the end it shakes and wobbles. It's not concrete, but it's another clue we can use to jump into the mind of Nolan.


Of course this is all a moot point until Nolan himself specifies what happened at the end.
In Cobb's dreams he's wearing a wedding ring. In reality he isn't wearing a ring. In the final scene, he isn't wearing a ring. Therefore, he was in reality.
I know the point of that ending was to make it open for discussion and for there to be no "right" answer....


but being realistic, no top would start to wobble like that and then some how recover its momentum to keep spinning. so if you're gonna look at it that way, it's obvious that it was reality.
mmonty86 said:
Throughout the whole film, the top spins perfectly in the dream world with no shakes or blips. Yet, at the end it shakes and wobbles.
Msouten said:
but being realistic, no top would start to wobble like that and then some how recover its momentum to keep spinning. so if you're gonna look at it that way, it's obvious that it was reality.
people are just in denial

:kanyeshrug:
Nah, just providing evidence.
M.A. said:
people are just in denial

:kanyeshrug:
movie is the shitt
i just saw it again last night

the ending :wom:

it sounds like the dreidel was gonna fall but it just cuts off ahh
robert HENRY said:
I love this movie
1 - 20 of 506 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top