Kanye to The banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Throughout our 3 year wait for Lasers, we've been given many leaked tracks that have either been confirmed to be or was likely planned to be on Lasers. Some of them were turned into singles, some were confirmed to be unfinished, and others....well who knows?

In this topic, I'd like to separate the fan from the real and decide if WE WERE IN CHARGE of the final track listing for Lasers, which of the songs we've heard would make the cut, be scrapped, or other(throw a feature on it and keep it, make it a bonus track, freedownload, etc)

Now before we have this discussion I want to make sure I have all the songs covered. If I'm missing something let me know.

1. Shining Down
2. I'm Beaming
3. What You Want
4. Army Girl
5. Stereo Sun
6. Beautiful Lasers
7. State Run/Crime Radio
8. Scream

1. Shining Down - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjTncuE7YTI

This song is pretty good. I really like Matthew Santos on the hook, I especially like verse number 2 and the overall theme of the tune. I think this would have a place on Lasers, but my only beef is that it came out such a long time ago. Still, I feel for those who aren't hip to Lupe like we are, this would be a good addition to the album. However, now that i think about it, I have another beef....

Versa's vote - Scrap it. Just let it be an individual song that was released on itunes and that's that in my opinion. My reason being because even though Shining Down is a dope tune, it really is just an alternative version of I'm Beaming if you think of the general theme of the tune. It's all about thinking outside of the box and being a "laser" so why have these two on the same album? We all already have the tune through illegal or legal downloading, so yeah.

2. I'm Beaming - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge4BEdyZ8bM

This is the Lasers "theme song" so to speak, and I have heard that it is meant to be the intro to the album. It would be a perfect intro, and I beleive it should definitely stay. The only thing I would change is for Lupe to have a brief speech of sorts or a monolouge before the "Today, nobody cares..." part comes in. How dope would it be if he highlights the struggle to get the album out or to even shout us out?

Versa's vote - Keep it

3. What You Want - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr7x-_03ofc

When this song first dropped, I had NO IDEA how to feel about it. At that time, there was this ugly drought of a lack of music from him, and it was nice getting a leak, but it also was weird that it wasn't typical Lu. It wasn't Fahrenheit drug dealer Lu, it wasn't introspective positive light F+L Lu, it wasn't dark and moody Lu, it wasn't Carerra Lu(still don't know what this is lol).....it was more like....Emo Lu?

The song has a dope concept. I like how it talks about a girl who's lost and the darkness that ensues.

With THAT said, I dunno if I'm feeling half singing/half rapping Lupe like that. I can't fully embrace that mode of Lu like I can with Cudi, but the lyrics are definitely there and...............the concept is SERIOUSLY dope. I really don't know how to feel. However, that's what the miscellaneous option is for.

Versa' vote - Misc. The song is confirmed to be incomplete, so let Lu finish it. Maybe extend the song with a straight rapping verse or throw Cudi on there since this is his type of vibe? If not, scrap it/make it a bonus song. Lasers has to be a classic so while I like this song even in it's incomplete form I feel something better could replace it.

4. Army Girl - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xptk-Xz8i_E&feature=related

I remember when this song leaked, the feelings towards it seemed to be polor opposites. Some people hated it and thought Lupe was dumbing it down. Others loved. I thought it was dope. Firstly, it samples the Chun Li theme, so the geek in me thinks that friggen awesome. Secondly, I LOVE the hook and I love the beat. Thirdly, the lyrics, while not that lyrical, still has the traditional Lupe wit. "Insects, we be(bee) fly. No roaches, we deny."

I dunno, I like it, and wouldn't mind it being on the album at all, but somethings just tells me to go with....

Versa's vote - Misc. I'm down with a bonus joint or a free download. While I do like this snippet quite a bit, I've heard it tons of times already, and the spoiled brat in my doesn't want Lasers to be 60% stuff I've heard already and 40% new material. 2 or 3 songs of stuff we've heard already is fine, while the other 9-12 tracks can be all new material. It's not a must keep like I'm Beaming.

5. Stereo Sun - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ4rJjHr1ks

I don't know how to feel about this song until I get a snippet in CDQ/Album/MP3 quality. The hook is very un-Lupe like. Lyrically from what I can hear it sounds like he's going in. Obviously a song like this needs a lot of energy, and while he brings it on the live performance, who knows what kind of delivery he would have on the album version? I'm not big on hip hop + rock fusion songs like this, but it has potential to be a big hit no doubt.

Versa's vote - Misc.(I need to hear more)

6. Beautiful Lasers/2 Ways - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPtqO-kFxNs

First off, doesn't the beat sound a lot like this one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsBV-P9gIC0

Anyway, this is obviously a must keep. If I'm Beaming is the uplifting anthem of lasers, this is darker, sadder sister anthem. Nothing too lyrical, but still powerful. I can totally have seen 2pac 2pac doing a song like this. "Ain't pretty if you don't comply/Pretty easy if you don't complain"

Versa's vote - keep it

7. State Run/Crime(which is it?) Radio - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvKpClJysyo

I was at a show where he did this song live, and the hundreds of people in attendance screaming "STATE RUN! RADIO!" over and over.......was epic. While I'm not big on rock/hip hop fusion joints, this one goes in, and I really hope it makes it onto the album. Seems like Lupe is taking jabs at the radio and the songs they choose. Boss-like. Probably recorded when he was beefing with Atlantic..lmao.

Versa's vote - KEEP IT

8. Scream - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCJT0ZztWxY

Must keep. Lupe's flow is incredible. Twista who? The beat is DOPE! Loving it.

Versa's vote - KEEP IT

Am I missing any songs? What ya'll think of my choices?

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm happy about the first one, but dissapointed about the second one.  How do you know this?

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
love letter to the beat and horn synth weren't originally planned on being on lasers

LLTTB was supposed to be on alicia key's album, and horn synth was made for shits and giggles apparently

and you forgot ladies and gentlemen (snippet)

:)

·
Premium Member
66,017 Posts
Versa said:
I'm happy about the first one, but dissapointed about the second one.  How do you know this?
Busy said Horn Synth is on an album we wont suspect. It will most likely be on Travis Barker's album Give the Drummer Some

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Versa said:
rumour has it that horn synth will be on travis barker's album, but don't quote me on that

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
I agree with all of your points but think Stereo Sun should be on the album because that song is awesome..my most anticipated song is Beautiful Lasers though

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
first of all...i <3 you and who are you ? dont remember you from KLive
second i can guarntee you that.. What you want, Horn Synth, and Love Letter to the beat will not be on lasers

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lupe confirmed Scream won't be on Lasers, but I wish it would be lol.

When is the Travis Barker song dropping?

I'll delete those 2 songs from the list in a minute.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
BUT

1. Shining Down (wouldn't mind it being on lasers, but I feel the hype kinda died down :/ )
2. I'm Beaming (yesssss, definitely a good intro song to LASERS)
3. What You Want (ehh, I have by opinions on this song. Gotta wait till finished version to judge)
4. Army Girl (maybe a bonus track)
5. Love Letter To The Beat (isn't going to be on lasers, but even if it was I would say no)
6. Stereo Sun (yes. YES. YESSSSSSSSSSSSS)
7. Beautiful Lasers (whatchu think? :) )
8. Horn Synth (if this was on lasers I would :jo: everywhere)
9. State Run/Crime Radio ( :banjo: )

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Versa said:
Lupe confirmed Scream won't be on Lasers, but I wish it would be lol.

When is the Travis Barker song dropping?

I'll delete those 2 songs from the list in a minute.
when was this? i specifically remember an interview where he said scream WOULD be on lasers

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
CRSup said:
first of all...i <3 you and who are you ? dont remember you from KLive
second i can guarntee you that.. What you want, Horn Synth, and Love Letter to the beat will not be on lasers
Lmao, I love you too? No ****.

I discovered Klive less than a week ago!  I was a lonely Lupe fan on SOHH and they  all made fun of me until I found Klive and now I seem to fit right in!  Now everyone is over here, so I am too.

How you know about What You Want?

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Kashif said:
when was this? i specifically remember an interview where he said scream WOULD be on lasers
Well Lupe's tour manager I believe was the one who confirmed Scream won't be on there, but if he was wrong I am very, very happy.

I'll add it to the opening post.  Definitely a "keep it"

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Kashif said:
BUT

1. Shining Down (wouldn't mind it being on lasers, but I feel the hype kinda died down :/ )
shiniing down HAS to be on lasers imo it is what lasers comes from and it is has been underrated....def in my top 5
and its horn synth is def on travis barkers new album...

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.