Kanye to The banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I normally don't do this if a topic is locked but I found your posts so inflammatory that I'm redirecting midterm mode to address you.

Sam. said:
not once did i assert that black people were ignorant and pathetic. so i stopped reading there
Sam. said:
honestly fuck race. black people hate white people just as much as a lot of white people hate black people. white people hate black people because of the number of them that are ignorant and pathetic. then black people hate white people out of jealousy and this idea that they are still slaves and white people are devils. like fuck black people fuck white people its all annoying as fuck
Yes you did. Yes you did, Brett.

Sam. said:
how is it fucking different its all the same for fucks sake. this double standard is exactly what pisses me off.
To consider this a double standard is a misnomer. The term 'double standard' is actually a pretty good way to evaluate who doesn't understand how they are benefiting from either "Patriarchy", "White Privilege" or "Capitalism". In order for their to be a double standard that would mean that we as society treat two different groups who are on an even keel socially, financially and institutionally and otherwise, by two different standards. In fact there is a double standard that exists in this contemporary society and it is the reason why you are speaking with the same ignorance you accuse others outside of your lived experience. Men and women as a result of patriarchy are treated differently. For the same job, women are still to this day paid a fraction less than their male counterparts. A Black man arrested for the same crime will often see more jail time (in cases jail time where his white counterparts will not) than his white counterparts as a result of economical and interpersonal racism. But this is not the double standard you are discussing.

What you, the OP are more than likely upset about is how often you have to consider how you as a white person, probably a White male, may be saying or doing something that affects a person of colour in a negative way. This is called 'recognizing your privilege'. As you seem tired of doing that you think it would be easier if everyone could somehow ignore race, which boils down to forgiving Whites for their continues access, privilege and oppression to achieve that access which maintaining the system that allows you to benefit indirectly from oppressing others. As a result you would be free to live your life burden free which is what privilege means in the first place; to live free from the burden of remembering that your livelihood, whether you live, die, how much money you make and what opportunities you will or will not be afforded largely matter on your race, gender, sexual orientation and financial class.

Sound about right?

Now as E said if you want to continue this, if you really want to..in a respectful matter take it here:
http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/index.php?topic=196902.msg8208141#new

·
Banned
20,397 Posts
Cliché Guevara said:
I normally don't do this if a topic is locked but I found your posts so inflammatory that I'm redirecting midterm mode to address you.

Yes you did. Yes you did, Brett.

To consider this a double standard is a misnomer. The term 'double standard' is actually a pretty good way to evaluate who doesn't understand how they are benefiting from either "Patriarchy", "White Privilege" or "Capitalism". In order for their to be a double standard that would mean that we as society treat two different groups who are on an even keel socially, financially and institutionally and otherwise, by two different standards. In fact there is a double standard that exists in this contemporary society and it is the reason why you are speaking with the same ignorance you accuse others outside of your lived experience. Men and women as a result of patriarchy are treated differently. For the same job, women are still to this day paid a fraction less than their male counterparts. A Black man arrested for the same crime will often see more jail time (in cases jail time where his white counterparts will not) than his white counterparts as a result of economical and interpersonal racism. But this is not the double standard you are discussing.

What you, the OP are more than likely upset about is how often you have to consider how you as a white person, probably a White male, may be saying or doing something that affects a person of colour in a negative way. This is called 'recognizing your privilege'. As you seem tired of doing that you think it would be easier if everyone could somehow ignore race, which boils down to forgiving Whites for their continues access, privilege and oppression to achieve that access which maintaining the system that allows you to benefit indirectly from oppressing others. As a result you would be free to live your life burden free which is what privilege means in the first place; to live free from the burden of remembering that your livelihood, whether you live, die, how much money you make and what opportunities you will or will not be afforded largely matter on your race, gender, sexual orientation and financial class.

Sound about right?

Now as E said if you want to continue this, if you really want to..in a respectful matter take it here:
http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/index.php?topic=196902.msg8208141#new
I'm gonna read this is a second because it'll be fun I enjoy watching you just devastate people

You gotta start picking better targets though these are too easy

·
Registered
25,534 Posts
hey ya'll, sam has been notified of this post. I gotta lock the thread though. if the discussion wants to be continued you know where to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.