Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was always going to come down to fans sucking both artists dick when this album dropped. It always happens. No matter what they talked about.

First things first I rate the production side of the album. New Day is such a sick track along with a few others! But when you get lazy shit like ****** in Paris, you have to step back and say, Kanye, Jay, aren't you two really better than this? Shit like HAM, Jay on Welcome To the Jungle.
Chuck D was 100% correct about saying Otis Redding wasn't about "swag" and all that shit. They never should of talked such bullshit over that beat. One of the best beats on the album.

You see shit being said like, WTT is a lyrical gem. Be honest, the lyrics are lazy as fuck. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy has soo much more to it than this does. Ye & Jay knew for a fact they could say what they want on this album and it will sell.

When you fans are saying they are the greatest... Don't get greatest mixed up with most popular.

EDIT: Such bullshit as well sampling Flux Pavillion. Jumping on the bandwagon much??

·
Registered
76,882 Posts
Grad-Bear said:
they ruined the flux pavillion track. the original had a killer drop that made me jizz. the wtt beat just didn't do it for me
But you gotta' remember, they made the song for their fans, not Flux Pavillion fans or Dubstep fans in general. It's still meant to be a hip-hop track. If people want to listen to Flux, it's not like that track is gone forever.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
yeah man the fans on this site really know how to suck kanye and jay off
but thats not even the thing that upsets me, its that they dont respect others opinions
if you just happen to disagree with their opinion you automatically get attacked with "ban" or "youre stupid you obviously dont know good music" etc.
if youre gonna get on your knees for kanye then thats your choice but respect my opinion, you dont see me getting all mad calling you stupid because you dont agree with me

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Honestly, if you're really that mad, then they've probably succeeded with this album. You think they put this out to make people happy? Two of the richest, blackest, cockiest, most successful people collaborating on an album entitled "watch the throne"? Ha. They're getting crazy money and success with this album whether people think it's good or not. Do you expect 2 made ****** to make an album full of emotional lyrical socially conscious raps?? This album was about flaunting success and wealth, however they see fit.

And don't act like kanye has never jumped a bandwagon before. He has always been one to collaborate and join in with what's hot at the time.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Newlopw said:
Who Gon Stop Me? ****** in Paris?
****** in Paris is a hype track to me. It's what HAM was supposed to be. I'm personally fine with the lyrics on there cuz I didnt need profound lyrics on a song like that. Banger!!! :slick: :slick: :slick:

1 - 20 of 67 Posts