Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Banned
10,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMO of course

Rick Ross- God Forgives I Don't- This is his last chance i think of crossover/going plat. He's one of the hottest rappers out right now i'm not sure how he can go any farther. This album could be a 2012 GRODT :kanyeshrug:

Drake-I hated half of Take Care, but dude has talent. I would like to see a double album (1 cd rapping and 1 cd singing) from him. I feel like he has the best potential to make the kind of  album that defines a generation

Wale-inb4ktthate, outside of KTT, Wale is pretty respected, after linking up with MMG and getting success with Ambition (almost gold right now), i feel like he now has the chance to make music he wants to and be successful. Now he can finally live up to his potential

Jay Electronica- Act 2 coming soon, dude just has so much talent :kanyeshrug:

-------------------------
Honorable Mention: J Cole (don't write him off)

inb4hate

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Rick Ross yes, Drake yes, Wale no, Jay Electronica no.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Black Jerry Maguire said:
not necessarily, there a undeniable hip hop classics (Illmatic, The Chronic etc)
because in everyone's opinion, they are

I'm going nowhere with this tho. lol

·
Registered
23,484 Posts
Black Jerry Maguire said:
not necessarily, there a undeniable hip hop classics (Illmatic, The Chronic etc)
its subjective. i know people who don't like Illmatic or The Chronic

·
Banned
10,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Black Sage said:
its subjective. i know people who don't like Illmatic or The Chronic
yes, but there are undeniable. I don't like GRODT, still classic. I don't like 400 Degreez, still classic. I prefer Doggystyle over The Chronic, still classics

·
Registered
8,858 Posts
Ross has been stepping up his verses since Teflon Don.. and there's no question on whether or not his beats will be on point. I don't think a classic is out of his reach. I like Drake... but honestly can't ever see him dropping a classic. Same with Wale (and I'm a huge Wale fan). Both will continue to drop incredibly dope projects though. Jay Elect has the potential, but that would require releasing music.

Cole has the potential to drop one... If his debut would have been the right mix of Friday Night Lights and Cole World (and maybe a few songs that he didn't use all together), he would've had one. Kendrick and K.R.I.T. have the potential to as well.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts