Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was up Lupe fans.

What would you ask him?

I think, id ask him about ''Put You On Game''. Whos the rapping character is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
472 Posts
Ciya said:
Was up Lupe fans.

What would you ask him?

I think, id ask him about ''Put You On Game''. Whos the rapping character is.
the question would be wasted, because he always says "I" and "my" it's obvious that he is rapping as The Game...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
520 Posts
a question about a track? i'd ask if he could put me on it! my life would be complete if i could spit a few bars alongside my idol.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
66,017 Posts
dc... said:
Please, go right ahead. :)
At the begining of the song he falls alseep "beneath the flowers". He's just daydreaming. Verse one is him being in a giant robot that is a project building. He just describes the real hood, awesome flow. Second verse takes stabs at modern rap videos, and the obvious sarcasm involved "comon everybody lets make cocaine cool" displays his disdain for this aspect of the genre. I personally love "but not to loud cause the baby's sleeping" part. After setting up what the real hood is, and what rap videos expose to people, he then takes it back and says, this child is the one who's gonna have to deal with all this and sort it out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Newlopw said:
At the begining of the song he falls alseep "beneath the flowers". He's just daydreaming. Verse one is him being in a giant robot that is a project building. He just describes the real hood, awesome flow. Second verse takes stabs at modern rap videos, and the obvious sarcasm involved "comon everybody lets make cocaine cool" displays his disdain for this aspect of the genre. I personally love "but not to loud cause the baby's sleeping" part. After setting up what the real hood is, and what rap videos expose to people, he then takes it back and says, this child is the one who's gonna have to deal with all this and sort it out.
Also would like to add that in the first verse, he talks about how rough it is in the projects and how it is such a negative place. And, as newlopw said, the second verse looks at what a modern rap video looks like. That modern rap video commonly "portrays" what growing up in the projects is like, and completely glorifies it... which is why the track is called "Daydreamin." The idea that growing up in the projects is amazing is a daydream. Lupe has to thank the projects and the current rap game at the end, though, because it gives him proper perspective (since he's been in both) and allows him to explain the truth and spread positivity.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
52,731 Posts
Kale07 said:
1 his flow is lethal deadly like an Armageddon

2. crows a symbol of dead referring back to the Armageddon thing

3. (this point on is where people are gonna say im reaching) The way he says crows sounds like cruise a play on words for the fact that tom cruise was in the movie war of the worlds it was like an Armageddon coz the aliens were gonna fuck shit up.

4. Tom cruise is also a scientologist and its rumored he built a bunker underground in case of an Armageddon.
http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2007/10/tom-cruises-10m/

:dno: could be reaching though
Quintuple id 5, this is 4 :sarc2:
 
9

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Kale07 said:
1 his flow is lethal deadly like an Armageddon

2. crows a symbol of dead referring back to the Armageddon thing

3. (this point on is where people are gonna say im reaching) The way he says crows sounds like cruise a play on words for the fact that tom cruise was in the movie war of the worlds it was like an Armageddon coz the aliens were gonna fuck shit up.

4. Tom cruise is also a scientologist and its rumored he built a bunker underground in case of an Armageddon.
http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2007/10/tom-cruises-10m/

:dno: could be reaching though
Pentuble: you're missing "crews" - he smites airplane crews from the sky
And maybe you could say Sextuple if you also just see it as the birds, "crows", without any symbolim attached

:psyboom:
 
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Top