Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
18,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

tf is this shit? there were literally detroit hood figgas in the studio at the damn session when this was made, and told Eminem this was fire and to put it out as a single? stg he must have paid for the whole studio session just for himself and noone in a 50 mile radius. first time hearing this, shit topped most countrys charts including #7 in mine

:daisyscust:

video woat too

·
Registered
18,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A S T R O W O R L D said:
You can't say the Beat didn't slap tho....
Scott Storch gave him the Candy Shop stems to play around with for this one :dead:

edit: Dr Dre produced this? Arabic beats period in hip hop was woat

·
Registered
13,242 Posts
Task Force Sector 6 said:
Scott Storch gave him the Candy Shop stems to play around with for this one :dead:
Lmao that may be true, I always thought this track sounded like Candy Shop. Whoever produced/mixed this song did a GREAT job tho!

·
Registered
33,299 Posts
I fuckin love the hook and this beat. But people don't hate this song. It is just lackluster and kinda glossed over now

·
Registered
9,531 Posts
reflecting on this thread and this song it seems like it was just a metaphor for eminem showing his immunity as a rapper being white, being able to be so controversial and get away with it, almost drawing attention to the issue of bias, mocking the public for allowing such absurd concepts onto the radio because "i can get away with anything i say and you will love it".

also, the end of the song dre says "fuck wrong with you" so it's not as if they didn't realize this song was mentally challenged.

"sike, i joke, i joke, i kid, i kid
if i offend, i'm sorry, please, please, forgive
for i am triumph, the puppet dog, i am a mere puppet
i can get away with anything i say and you will love it"

"i am triumph
britney spears has shoulders like a man
and i can say that and you laugh 'cause there's a puppet on my hand"

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
Task Force Sector 6 said:

tf is this shit? there were literally detroit hood figgas in the studio at the damn session when this was made, and told Eminem this was fire and to put it out as a single? stg he must have paid for the whole studio session just for himself and noone in a 50 mile radius. first time hearing this, shit topped most countrys charts including #7 in mine

:daisyscust:

video woat too
This was the height of his popularity millions sold and all the drugs had started turn him to a junkie

1 - 20 of 43 Posts