Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but i need to explain how he has influenced me....something deep
do you have any ideas? I need smthing really good

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Well, how bout you start with brainstorming as to how his music has affected your life?

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
Not tryin' to be a jerk or anything, but this seems pretty self-explanatory, dude.

·
Registered
89,167 Posts
i wrote about kanye for a music project and how he influenced me and im getting an A+
what song did you like?
influenced you as an artist?

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Coldplay Expert said:
Not tryin' to be a jerk or anything, but this seems pretty self-explanatory, dude.
yea i understand what you are saying....but really im not trying to write exactly how i feel cause that wouldnt make a great college essay...im just looking for an idea about kanye that i could develop into smthing powerful or moving...do you know what i mean?

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
kushBreakfast said:
yea i understand what you are saying....but really im not trying to write exactly how i feel cause that wouldnt make a great college essay...im just looking for an idea about kanye that i could develop into smthing powerful or moving...do you know what i mean?
Ahhh, yeah... Um, OK.... Well, I'll give you a personal example from me.  I used to have a very negative view of hip-hop before I got into 'Ye... Like, I thought it was all garbage, no art, just a bunch of crunk music with no realness to it... Then, I got 808's & Heartbreak, Graduation, Late Registration, and finally The College Dropout... My viewpoint changed completely.  ;)  So, perhaps, you can talk about how Kanye's attention to his own music and the various ways he tells a story or samples a record or structures a beat could all be talked about in your essay and how various songs have affected you.  Roses helped me release my emotions after my dog got killed. :dno:  Anything like that with you?

·
Premium Member
68,701 Posts
Why does it have to be about Kanye? Sounds like you don't need to write about him if you have to ask people how he has influenced you.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ape said:
Why does it have to be about Kanye? Sounds like you don't need to write about him if you have to ask people how he has influenced you.
thanks for the help
Coldplay Expert said:
Ahhh, yeah... Um, OK.... Well, I'll give you a personal example from me.  I used to have a very negative view of hip-hop before I got into 'Ye... Like, I thought it was all garbage, no art, just a bunch of crunk music with no realness to it... Then, I got 808's & Heartbreak, Graduation, Late Registration, and finally The College Dropout... My viewpoint changed completely.  ;)  So, perhaps, you can talk about how Kanye's attention to his own music and the various ways he tells a story or samples a record or structures a beat could all be talked about in your essay and how various songs have affected you.  Roses helped me release my emotions after my dog got killed. :dno:  Anything like that with you?
joe said:
Focus on a particular song and it's significance to you. Anything else is almost too broad.
thanks...i have an idea about what im going to write about about....

·
Banned
70 Posts
i'd name mine

"kanYes Chest"

kanye your tiny little hairs on the screen
makes me do naughty little things
and your chest sometimes be bare
either way im going to stare"

·
Registered
931 Posts
i would highly recommend NOT writing about kanye west if you are actually trying to go to a decent school...Those people wanna hear about you, and about how someone actually in your life influenced you.  they could care less about kanye, if anything they probably would not be a fan of his at all.  stick to the basics man, dont write about kanye, this is too important for that, you know?

·
Banned
70 Posts
id say write what you want alot of people these days dont think for their selves i had to learn to be the Crazy creative me who cares about who and what u want

id say if you do wanna write about him you shouldnt even have to ask what about

·
Banned
70 Posts
okay your white but i remember in my high school days we wrote about martin luther king rosa parks etc cause it felt like they were close to us, again i say write what you want you shouldnt be on here asking or people like joe will tell you to not do what you want. do what you want

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Are you close to your mom?
If you are i can help ya out

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
joe said:
W-W-W-W-W-W-W-Waittttttttttttttttttt

This is a college essay? I thought it was high school.

Don't write about Kanye.
I wrote about Lupe Fiasco for my media manipulations class and got a straight 90 for bein' different.  :dno:  It can be done, you just have to be good at how you present the material.  To be fair, it took me a few weeks alone to craft that piece...

·
Registered
931 Posts
mrskanyewest said:
okay your white but i remember in my high school days we wrote about martin luther king rosa parks etc cause it felt like they were close to us, again i say write what you want you shouldnt be on here asking or people like joe will tell you to not do what you want. do what you want
kanye west is not martin luther king or rosa parks.  and if you wrote about them on a college essay you would be severely overlooked because those are such cliche things to write about.  hes talking about writing an essay for colleges, not some high school paper...

correct me if im wrong, but i think hes talking about a college admittance essay also.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts