Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
12,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the past, I may have treated him as a meme and passed him off as the average boring rapper, constantly being confused as to why he has been getting constant praise everywhere else. TWU is what initially made me get into Cole, as I loved the production and his hunger throughout that entire tape, along with FNL (although I think that tape is tad overrated), nonetheless, I thought they were definitely better than his albums (which they still are rn). 2014FHD and 4YEO has grown on me, making me realize how good these albums are despite having some corny songs lmao.

This performance here made me appreciate KOD and J Cole as an emcee, I'm starting to even prefer him over Kendrick and I personally believe he's better than him to a certain extent. Love how Cole is able to put a show and performance like this without any jarring effects or background vocals, showing his raw talent and as a result, it made me respect him a lot more. Man, I can't wait to see what he'll bring to the table with The Fall Off and Off Season. Lowkey, this man is ACTUALLY top 5 of this generation (Drake, Cole, Krit, Carti, and Zaywop)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Word. I've always appreciated Cole. I don't get the hate he receives. Anything to uphold the meme, I suppose.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.