Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Banned
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was listening to the "Fly In" today and when it was over my ipod shuffled to "Montreux" off of Pilot Talk 2 and i just said Curren$y kinda sound like C2 Wayne so i started doing a little investigating over 90 % of the lyrics spat on Tha Carter 2 sounds like something Curren$y would say if he was braggocious rapper. The flows, the punchlines the clever little jokes all sound like modern day Curren$y... Not trolling just wanna get other opinions Also wanted to add in when Curren$y left YM notice how Wayne's flow & subject mattered changed just saying...

Discuss....

·
Banned
1,513 Posts
you think bmJR have a ghost writer? u thinking messed up playboy how much times i gotta tell u 2 read in between dem dam lines nd stay in between dem?

·
Premium Member
24,109 Posts
BIRDMAN5STAR said:
you think bmJR have a ghost writer? u thinking messed up playboy how much times i gotta tell u 2 read in between dem dam lines nd stay in between dem?
Gillie da Kid

·
Registered
18,806 Posts
Is believe it. Doubt it was much tho. Curren$y wasn't on his level lycally till PT2. Assuming you mean 05-07 Wayne.

·
Registered
73,243 Posts
OP has a good topic/argument. just needs a lil more proof.

plus, [youtube=220,25]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_8dv-lM4ho[/youtube]

·
Registered
25,743 Posts
Anything's possible. But the more likely explanation for the drop-off after Curren$y left is the fact that it coincides with Wayne's brain turning into swiss cheese from all the codeine abuse. His rhymes are dumbing down cuz he's getting dumber, not cuz he lost his ghostwriter. He actually was that clever, and still can be on rare occasions.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
It's true Curren$y ghost writed with Lil wayne, heres my  proof

Evidence 1# Curren$y and Lil Wayne rapping on the bus, seems like Curren$y writes everyone

Evidence #2-off Pilot Talk 1 KING KoNG

"A million miles from New Orleans, left the key to the city with my brother now I'm comin back for it"

Spittas takin his crown back from Wayne, cause every Curren$y fan knows Spitta used to ghostwrite for Wayne

·
Registered
22,367 Posts
naa they hung out alot.. prolly just inspiration... wen wayne was around dipset he had that NY swag in his lyrics sounding like juelz santana

its just the ppl around u influence u.. and i highly doubt the currency thing they sound way to diff imo

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
SpittA said:
i thought curren$y was talkin about mr. marcelo (his real bro) on King Kong :/
Lil wayne is from New Orleans too, Hes more famous than his brother, i dont think he would refer to his brother.

·
Banned
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yarchini said:
Is believe it. Doubt it was much tho. Curren$y wasn't on his level lycally till PT2. Assuming you mean 05-07 Wayne.
Yea he started switching up round 08 to this horrible rapper we have now...

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Another line

I seen it all from the bleachers, schoolin' them
Giving lesson plans to the teachers

Keeping with the football theme of the song, he’s saying he’s been watchin from the sidelines. It’s also rumored that Curren$y was a ghostwriter for Lil Wayne, possibly the meaning behind the “Giving lesson plans to the teachers” line

its all speculation, but lil way early 2007-2008 seems awfully familiar

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
BIRDMAN5STAR said:

lol at your post count being 504 when I saw this

1 - 20 of 105 Posts