Kanye to The banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23,388 Posts
for real. i appreciate him coming out and playing the song, but you know that's BS what he said. just for the media. clearly "getting right" to them means "assuming total control" lmao. good thing Lu didnt give in until a reasonable agreement was made. as long as Lupe himself is still saying LASERS is "bananas", then i'm good :D

·
Registered
23,388 Posts
AndrewG said:
Didn't Lupe submit the album at the beginning of this year? I want to say February.
actually, in one of the more recent interviews, Lu said it's been done for 2 and a half years :dno:

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
JCM99 said:
actually, in one of the more recent interviews, Lu said it's been done for 2 and a half years :dno:
But I'm talking about when he actually submitted the album to Atlantic. I remember it was right around the time the Steppin Laser Tour started which was in March.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Anyways I just don't get if he did submit the album at the beginning of the year why everyone is saying Atlantic has had the album for 2-3 years. Just sayin.

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
AndrewG said:
Didn't Lupe submit the album at the beginning of this year? I want to say February.
I believe he had to keep on re-submitting it because they wanted him to keep on changin' stuff to their liking.  I think he just got fed up at one point.

·
Registered
17,812 Posts
I KNOW ABOUT LU REFUSING TO SIGN THE 360 DEAL & THEM TREATING HIM UNFAIR BECAUSE IT BUT

DID YALL EVER STOP TO THINK THAT MAYBE "ATLANTIC" SIMPLY REALLY JUST DIDN'T LIKE THE ALBUM OR HIS NEW MUSIC?

MAYBE THAT DID COME INTO PLAY W/ ALL THE NONSENSE THAT STARTED THIS

MAYBE THAT'S WHAT COHEN MEANT BY THAT STATEMENT.

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
Kale07 said:
I have a theory the album Lu wanted intially has been done for 2 and a half years. Remember he had to change certain songs up to 60 times, so he therefore mustve turned it in to them multiple times. However the most recent finished product (minus the two "smashes" busy said he recorded recently must have been turned in February? :dno: just making a guess

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
PrinceDevilleHERE said:
I KNOW ABOUT LU REFUSING TO SIGN THE 360 DEAL & THEM TREATING HIM UNFAIR BECAUSE IT BUT

DID YALL EVER STOP TO THINK THAT MAYBE "ATLANTIC" SIMPLY REALLY JUST DIDN'T LIKE THE ALBUM OR HIS NEW MUSIC?

MAYBE THAT DID COME INTO PLAY W/ ALL THE NONSENSE THAT STARTED THIS

MAYBE THAT'S WHAT COHEN MEANT BY THAT STATEMENT.
Of course they don't like Lupe or LASERS, while they can make money off of him, they could make more if he would sell his soul and start rapping about BS like cars, money, women, and drugs.... that's what they market!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts