Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
13,122 Posts
- Put time aside to study
- check your school email daily
- don’t cram for tests it will just stress you out and make you do worse. Start studying days in advanced even if it’s just putting in a little bit of time
- try your best not to let having fun impact your grades
- renting textbooks is your best bet unless you think you’re gonna need the textbooks later. Sometimes you won’t even end up using a book so listen to your teachers when they tell you
- join a frat if you want but if that’s not you then don’t force it and just be yourself and do what YOU want to do
- deadlines creep up quick so make sure you stay vigilant
- if you’re struggle utilize your professor or learning assistant’s office hours. Many classes also have guided study groups so don’t be afraid to attend those if you think you need them

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Melz said:
- don’t cram for tests it will just stress you out and make you do worse. Start studying days in advanced even if it’s just putting in a little bit of time
- renting textbooks is your best bet unless you think you’re gonna need the textbooks later. Sometimes you won’t even end up using a book so listen to your teachers when they tell you
- join a frat if you want but if that’s not you then don’t force it and just be yourself and do what YOU want to do
- if you’re struggle utilize your professor or learning assistant’s office hours. Many classes also have guided study groups so don’t be afraid to attend those if you think you need them
actually good advice OP

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Melz said:
Thank you dude
do you think it would be dumb of me to join a frat at a 90% white school? I'm black and not trying to be the only brother or the token *****, you feel me?

nawf said:
- Study
- work out regularly
- don’t eat like shit at the dining halls
Thank you

·
Registered
14,946 Posts
have fun during welcome week and living on your own w a bunch of kids your age dorms were goat imo fun times

·
Registered
13,122 Posts
bighomiejay said:
Thank you dude
do you think it would be dumb of me to join a frat at a 90% white school? I'm black and not trying to be the only brother or the token *****, you feel me?

Thank you
i wouldn’t say it’s dumb to join but If your school is that white it may not be worth it for the reasons you stated

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Melz said:
i wouldn’t say it’s dumb to join but If your school is that white it may not be worth it for the reasons you stated
but I also heard (from my older brother) being the token black in a frat on campus gets you a lot of pussy. Is this true?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
proper said:
have fun during welcome week and living on your own w a bunch of kids your age dorms were goat imo fun times
okay, thanks. Im actually moving in 10 days before official move in day (I got a campus job at the library and they want us there early and shit) how do I go about meeting people then? Just people from my job?

KingOlajuwon said:
try and socialize wit errbody instead of weeding ****** out first couple weeks.
thank you friend

Bandz said:
Same get ready to get your Dick wet

·
Registered
14,946 Posts
bighomiejay said:
okay, thanks. Im actually moving in 10 days before official move in day (I got a campus job at the library and they want us there early and shit) how do I go about meeting people then? Just people from my job?
trust me fam if you living in the dorms you will have absolutely no problem meeting people/making friends/hooking up. i promise. most colleges will have a welcome week.. and a rush week for frats.. even if you don't want to join a frat take advantage of rush week.. its one week where the older kids in frats are super nice to freshmen and will drive you to parties and treat you like kings just to get you to rush their frat.. take advantage of that first rush week cause they def don't keep that same energy after the first rush week lol.

i wasn't the smartest/most academic college student but i def knew how to have fun smh.. just know how to balance your fun w school and also make sure to keep your priorities in check.

·
Registered
295 Posts
proper said:
trust me fam if you living in the dorms you will have absolutely no problem meeting people/making friends/hooking up. i promise. most colleges will have a welcome week.. and a rush week for frats.. even if you don't want to join a frat take advantage of rush week.. its one week where the older kids in frats are super nice to freshmen and will drive you to parties and treat you like kings just to get you to rush their frat.. take advantage of that first rush week cause they def don't keep that same energy after the first rush week lol.

i wasn't the smartest/most academic college student but i def knew how to have fun smh.. just know how to balance your fun w school and also make sure to keep your priorities in check.
This post all facts

·
Registered
42,186 Posts
bighomiejay said:
18, just graduated high school about to start college in a few short weeks, give me some tips to success
Alright so, start off by making good schedule:
- Study, but don't distance yourself from social life. Which means, try to find time for everything and use it to the fullest. While there will be periods of time where you have to sit down and get to work for a while, you also need to know that you'll meet a lot of new people there and you shouldn't put your social life aside (I'm not saying it's more important than your grades but you'll get what I'm trying to say). Interracting with people and having fun will make you feel a lot better about your life as a student and therefore you'll start enjoying, it might even motivate you to study in order to finish your responsibilites knowing that you'll have more free time later. When it comes to classes, be as regular as possible, pay attention and put some interest in the whole story (if you study what you love, may I know which major?). All in all, no pressure, just relax, we've all been there and we know what it feels like to be a freshman. I'm entering junior year and I'll tell you, just now I see how hilarious it is, a fact that I was scared and worried about shit in my freshman year lol.
Just enjoy bro, best of luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
proper said:

ok dude thanks for this salute

1 - 20 of 36 Posts