Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm black and I think what he said was wrong and dangerous. He's been advocating us to focus on the human race and not be so divided. That tweet about white publication only causes division.

·
Registered
726 Posts
MANY people still do not recognise the racial inequality issue... take the growing far right political movements in europe and US... sending the tweets would only cause division if everyone knew of the issue, but this is obviously not true

·
Registered
35,357 Posts
Nope I've been saying for the longest. White people will never understand hop hop the way blacks do. Just not possible.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Mozart said:
Nope I've been saying for the longest. White people will never understand hop hop the way blacks do. Just not possible.
That's retarded asf. Analyzing art has nothing to do with race. You can watch a Japanese film and understand it perfectly and be black?

·
Registered
924 Posts
Who cares.

Go read a fucking book about racial identity or something. Sometimes I feel like KTTers get all of their intellectual input from the celebrities and musicians they follow. I don't agree with a lot of what Kanye says and it doesn't bother me because I'm a fan of his music. I don't have to self-reflect and criticize his preference for eggs Benedict when I like mine over hard.

tl;dr - just because he's a genius musician doesn't mean that he has any sort of credentials or insight when it comes to discussing other topics. 

·
Registered
35,357 Posts
DOOMYEEZUS said:
That's retarded asf. Analyzing art has nothing to do with race. You can watch a Japanese film and understand it perfectly and be black?
Nope. How can I perfectly understand Japanese as a black man? Naruto still makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
726 Posts
DrD said:
Racism is stupid af we all the same its 2016 fam shit
yes racism is stupid, but it is still a part of everyone's lives and will continue to be for decades, saying 'we are all the same' and '2016' is weak and not helping spread awareness of the issue

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
ornah said:
yes racism is stupid, but it is still a part of everyone's lives and will continue to be for decades, saying 'we are all the same' and '2016' is weak and not helping spread awareness of the issue
ok this narcism

·
Banned
3,049 Posts
SloppyMilkshake said:
Who cares.

Go read a fucking book about racial identity or something. Sometimes I feel like KTTers get all of their intellectual input from the celebrities and musicians they follow. I don't agree with a lot of what Kanye says and it doesn't bother me because I'm a fan of his music. I don't have to self-reflect and criticize his preference for eggs Benedict when I like mine over hard.

tl;dr - just because he's a genius musician doesn't mean that he has any sort of credentials or insight when it comes to discussing other topics. 

·
Registered
477 Posts
I mean if you're white you can't exactly always relate to the things said and subject matter in black music, I can agree with that. Most white people are fucking stupid when it comes to hip hop. Dumb ass opinions. But there are plenty of white people who are legitimate fans of hip hop who know what they're talking about. I feel like you can at least review something even if you can't relate completely, so I personally disagree with what he said. I don't think what he said is a bad opinion though and its a complex subject

1 - 20 of 28 Posts