Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
28,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago, Erykah Badu vented via her Twitter account about hip-hop sounding like techno music lately. UGC complied Fatbellybella's tweets into the two paragraphs below.

How y'all gone stand by and let our music turn into pop techno cornball ass music. We don't own our music no more. Come to think of it, did we EVER own it? when I say own our music , I'm not talkin bout the artist I'm talkin bout the people … let me be quiet. I wanna hear from the young people? easy for me to complain about this techno-pop cause i have a taste for something else. but how do u feel? These rappers ought to be shame of they damn selves, I'm talkin bout the mc' s rappin over this pop techno music. I believe in pimpin the system but got DAMN! not like this.

#pop-technosongs. I like the idea of no distinction in race when it comes 2 music, but SOULkeepers, U dont give up the boom bip and the hump 4 the payday. I love house and techno as a side dish .But now it's served as the main course AND that's ALL u gone get. like chittlins in the back house. I love music PERIOD. just not ready to say goodbye to the boom bip and the hump .. kinda painful for my generation to see. just strange 2me. Yes, no1 wants 2B poor again. artist have2 sacrifice integrity of the music sometimes 2 make ends meet. this is understood.but gotDAMN now. if you've never tasted good p*ssy your satisfied with ass hole. (that's terrible ain't it .) lol

http://rapradar.com/2010/10/15/erykah-badu-says-raps-losing-edge/#comments

LMAO REAL FUCKING TALK right here....Has hip hop lost it's edge? Well if the BET Hip Hop awards is any indication the answer is YES. If Hip Hop has gone from sweet, soft, wet pussy to dry Asshole then The BET Hip Hop awards was a petri dish of prostate cancer, ass herpes, and down syndrome. We need our balls back.

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
you guys heard she had another baby? with another rapper!?!! And i still thought she was with jay elec.  :facepalm:

EDIT: Sorry shouldn't have posted this without a link.

but yeah she's right, i don't find it that sad though. I don't think of the acts she's talking about to be hip hop, real hip hop artists can still do their own thing. The only sad thing is that real hip hop doesn't really get any mainstream attention, but that ship was sailed long ago anyway.

·
Registered
8,077 Posts
no shes not right, you of all people on this site should know that fly theres is still PLENTY of real hip hop out there. if shes talking mainstream then yeah but other than that, shes takes an L.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I think she needs to calm the fuck down, in all honesty...me and CJ were talking about this a couple days ago, she's being a bit overdramatic about the whole thing to me...

·
Registered
8,077 Posts
:h5:
M-Trey said:
I think she needs to calm the fuck down, in all honesty...me and CJ were talking about this a couple days ago, she's being a bit overdramatic about the whole thing to me...

·
Registered
28,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Santiago said:
no shes not right, you of all people on this site should know that fly theres is still PLENTY of real hip hop out there. if shes talking mainstream then yeah but other than that, shes takes an L.
no don't get me wrong? Plenty of good music to go around and I love how the indie scene has really taken off and i'm hoping Hip Hop will follow suite BUT at the same time it's hard not to agree with her on this. I would love to turn on my local radio station and here some inspiring music for a change or watch the BET Hip Hop awards and actually enjoy the show itself. Everything has a place and you have to make a living some how but at what expense? It's getting pathetic and I understand that there is still plenty of great HIP HOP music out there but we can't just ignore the the fact that the majority is still filled with complete shit.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I honestly don't care if someone is rapping over a straight hip-hop beat or a pop techno beat. If the production sounds good then it sounds good. I'm much more concerned about the content of a song then what type of music it samples. I'll take a deep song with relevant content on a pop techno sample over a stupid, repetitive song that is only about "gettin' paper" and "bitches and hoes" on an old school rap beat.

·
Registered
28,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hip Hop is in need of a serious Nirvana moment. That is what I feel like is really missing in Hip Hop music right now especially on a mainstream level. We need a really good punch in the face. Someone who isn't afraid to grab their balls and tell everyone to go fuck themselves.

·
Registered
8,077 Posts
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
▲FlyMx said:
Hip Hop is in need of a serious Nirvana moment. That is what I feel like is really missing in Hip Hop music right now especially on a mainstream level. We need a really good punch in the face. Someone who isn't afraid to grab their balls and tell everyone to go fuck themselves.

·
Premium Member
232,799 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts